Lucky when it comes to Literacy

( the chapters 1-4 are introducing characters skipping to 5 is optional and recommended you won't miss to much)- enjoy!

As the bell rang at dismissal, it's sound running from her science class to the hall, so did Rain. After her, the halls quickly filled with students eager to leave the confines of the school. Unlike them rain was just eager to leave science class. With a swing of her locker and a swipe of her back pack she tossed her flimsy science notebook into her back pack, zipped it up, and set of down her School's worn staircase. Two under class men; short and reckless 6th graders played a foolish game of tag on the stairs. The best thing they could think of doing.
"Stop that, your gonna hurt some body! save it for the gym" she demanded while putting on a face of shock. Just to make them realize how crazy they were, although these kind of things were very common in her school. They snickered to one another but that was ok to Rain because at least they stopped.
Leaving of the second landing she went to the gym where track took place. It usually took everyone around 35 minutes to stop loitering around the school and get there so she always found a way to go to the library. Her school's library was like a sanctuary; she loved anything to do with literature, the arts, and language. She had read almost all the books in the English section since her time at the school so she found herself more often drifting toward the French section. Always a challenge to comprehend but she loved it.

Deeply invested in her book she turned page after page, a French dictionary by her side to help her translate the words not in her vocabulary. Interrupting her meditation the school's councilor asked a question.
"Have you heard of this" pointing at his screen across the room.
"No, sir"
Spending a lot of her time in the library she always spent time around him but she took a distaste to him because he always tried to start a conversation. She didn't come to the library to hear his words but to read them.
"Come look"
With a sigh she tossed her book on the table and made the walk to his computer; slumping the whole way.
"What"? She groaned
"Lose the attitude miss this will only take a minute now"
Rain put her head to the screen and read the prompt
"I want you to do this competition, not a lot of people are submitting and I think you could win" he continued "your fast at typing so do this before you go to track"
"You have my word" throwing him a sarcastic smile and rolling her eyes.
He got out the chair and Rain sat down, fingers typing; forming a beautiful application. Wording amazing as always and the flow was like no other. With a run through spell check she sent  of the application and went to track.