For The Children?

" ugh I can't RUN anymore" Cory panted between large breathes. They ran more laps than could be counted. And Megan's gun kept them. Falling to their feet they pleaded with Ivan an Megan for mercy
" please can we stop...we'll do anything but run"Rain bargained
" fine I think you've learned your lesson, you have to see Mr. Paul he will brief you on your mission"
Without energy to protest they followed them Mr Paul's office. It was as if they were tiered ever since they crashed in the sea. All Rain could think was if I were in America they would treat me differently it would be better I could go home. But this time she was too tiered tor run.
We arrived at Mr Paul's office he sat us down on a coffee colored luxurious couch. From behind his desk he turned around to look at us.
"Agents Mays and Neilson you are dismissed"

as Megan and Ivan left the room they closed the door behind them. Sweat ran down Cory's face causing his red hair to stick to his forehead. wipping his face he leaned for and began to speak.

"so what is this about?" Cory questioned

"I need to brief you on your mission so sit back relax and try to pay attention."

Mr. Paul paused and reached back behind him to grab a manila folder. This one was special because in contrast to the other green ones in the filing cabinet it also had a blue tab at the top.
"First what are your names?"
"I'm Rain"
"And I'm Cory"

He grabbed a pen from a container on his neat and tidy desk scrabbling on the paper and then began to read of the details to them.

"You will be travelling to a city on France's coast by the name of Berck. It is small and inconspicuous: easily overlooked. That is what made it so perfect for this illegal action." he paused to turn a page looking up at Cory and Rain to make sure he had their full attention.

" But we uncovered it, A man by the name of Nevil Thornton has been running an underground black market selling things from old CD's and over the counter drugs to military grade weapons and people" He looked up to find Cory and Rain intensely watching him listening to his every word.

"His next sale will be a set of orphaned twins from Paris, France, they went missing around last week and have not had any contact since, However we have an advantage, the sale was placed with one of our cyber intelligence agents so we know where they intend to make the sale at . . . ." Cory and Rain leaned in

"A pageant coming to the city .... We will send the two of you as contestants, you will have ample support from other agents. Your goal is to communicate to the children who we are and that we are here to save them. Then you will need to get them to one of our assisting agents without raising suspension of anyone especially Neil"

"Why do you need us....cant one of your agents do that" Rain posed

" we need someone to blend in with the atmosphere and a variety of agents in different parts of the event... that includes children's area and backstage this... with your help will be one of or more low risk operations I doubt you will get harmed"

"Doubt?" Cory said in a shaky voice

"Look you have to start somewhere I know you can feel nervous but think about helping those kids and what could happen if you don't do this"

Rain wondered why he cared so much about those kids but treated them so differently, but the reason was known: because the were European and Cory and Rain were American. Rain knew where Mr. Paul's allegiance lied, not for children but for Europe, and that was that was. he didn't see them as Children, this whole time they were only Americans.

"Do you except?" Paul asked, breaking the silence

"Do we have a choice?" Cory responded. Paul said nothing, just staring blankly at them the same way he always did

Rain jumped up from her seat and proclaimed "Yes, Yes we do!"

Grabbing Cory by his arm she dragged him out of the room full of hope