Chapter One🕷Mirror Mirror

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot. Also, the Readers hero name, and powers, are NOT based off of Percy Jackson. I didn't begin reading the series until far after coming up with the concept, and before that, I hadn't heard much about it. Cover made by the amazing that_damdemigxd

🕷

Chapter 1: Mirror Mirror

🕷

Travelling to market planets was always an exciting thing

Travelling to market planets was always an exciting thing. Of course I couldn't outwardly show all of my happiness- it would present me as vulnerable- I allowed a small smile to stretch across my lips. The different people, the stuffed stalls, the loud conversations. All of it integrated me into a society I had long been removed from.

"Berry seeds," I muttered to myself, looking at the stalls, "And gunga. Father said something about it originating from Orveon. Good thing I know a bit of their language."

I passed through herds of people within the building, drowning out their loud voices with my own thoughts. Every few stalls I stopped and bought something that was on my list, checking it off of my device when it was secured. Bags piled up in my arms, full of living essentials and otherwise.

"Orveonian," I paused at a stall with an Orveonian title. If I was going to find gunga anywhere it would be there, "Good afternoon. I'm looking for some gunga. I'm hoping you have some in stock."

"You're lucky, I just got a new shipment. Private people those Orveonians are, but more than willing to trade to peaceful federations. Makes me want to move there at times."

"Orveonian culture is quite interesting. We could learn a thing or two from them in terms of peace," I held out the credit chip for the merchant. Interesting, speaking of peace when my lifestyle was so violent in terms of training. But violence for peace was peaceful violence... It made sense in my mind.

"Is that all?" The worker held out a small bag, holding the plant.

Light reflections flashed past my eyes. I turned my head to face the mirror hanging from the side of the stall. Tiny pulsing crystals bordered it. I wasn't sure if it was the mirror's glass or the crystals that caught my attention, but it was calling to me.

"What's that?" I questioned, pointing at the mirror. The merchant followed my finger, exclaiming in excitement when he set his eyes on the mirror.

"Winush ta coxka. Mirror of truth," the merchant picked it up, setting it in front of me, "It's bordered by fragments of magic crystals. It's meant to show you truths your subconscious isn't even aware of. Good for soul searching and all that. I found it with a Madame Teyla."

"Interesting. I'll take it."

I traded credits for the mirror. It was the size of my torso and awkward to carry, but I felt a thrum of excitement I had been lacking lately. Traded half of the bags on my left arm to my right to carry the mirror, I continued on.