Chapter Twelve🕷Normal Vacation

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Twelve: Normal Vacation

🕷

The Friday after the wedding I was exhausted

The Friday after the wedding I was exhausted. It had been six days since Via and Jess got married, yet the grogginess I had the day after the wedding seemed to carry over to the rest of the week. That and the fact that it was the last week of the school year also added to that. But what got me through was the knowledge that the next day, a group from our class who'd had the highest overall scores on the midterms and finals were traveling Europe.

It was a vacation Peter and I sorely needed after the insane year we'd had.

Walking through the hallway, I paused the watch the horribly cringey memorial video to Tony, Natasha, Steve, and Vision play on the daily news. When it was - thankfully- over, Betty and Jason appeared on screen.

"Gone. But not forgotten," Betty stated dramatically.

"Thanks to Kenneth Laymour and Fian Raymour for their help with that touching video tribute."

"This year has been nothing short of-"

Jason's mouth blurred and beeped, "crazy. It's like insane."

"Jason."

"What?'

"No swearing."

"Yeah, it's like the last day of school, we're good."

Betty rolled her eyes, "Historic. Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including our own Midtown High was wiped from existence. But then eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back. They called it the Blip. Those of us who blipped away came back the same age. But our classmates that didn't blip grew five years older."

"Yeah, like my little brother is now older than me."

"Yeah, it's math. And even though we had blipped away halfway through the school year and had already taken midterms, the school made us start the whole year over from the beginning."

"Totally unfair. It's not right."

"Tigers, it's been a long, dramatic, somewhat confusing road. As we draw this year to a close, it's time to move on to a new phase of our lives."

"Pray nothing crazy happens again because are the Avengers even a thing anymore? Does anyone even have a plan?"

Sighing, I continued on my way to my last hour. Thanks to it being a half day, I had thirty minutes to mess around with Peter, Ned, MJ, and Harry.