Chapter Sixteen🕷X-Venger

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Sixteen: X-Venger

🕷

Everything hurt

Everything hurt.

I was acutely aware of the sharp throb that stabbed through every nerve in my body in a unique way each time for each one. But I couldn't scream, or even fight against the force that was pulling me out of the water. Did I even want to fight if they were saving my life? The answer was unclear, and I wasn't able to form concrete thoughts as I was shifted and wanted nothing more than to scream and cry.

"What happened to her?" I was moved to what felt like a table. Cold and straight beneath me. It felt nice.

"I don't know. What I do know is that we need the medical center to be ready as soon as we arrive or we're going to have some problems. I'm doing what I can now, but I'm not as experienced as the other doctors. Inform my brother what's going on."

"Understood, Princess."

Princess? I didn't know a lot of Princesses besides one- Shuri! If it was actually her, and the whole scenario wasn't how I was supposed to enter the afterlife, then there was no one better suited to heal me.

"Brain waves spiking showing an increase in activity. (Y/n), if you can hear me, know that you're going to be alright. I'll be putting you under soon to prep for surgery, just allow it to happen and trust that you're in good hands."

A mask over my face, Shuri counting backwards in Wakandan, and I was out again.

~*~

When I woke up again I felt marginally better. Sure, there was still that residual ache from sore muscles and the numerous bruises coating my body, but I could move. Groaning, I forced my eyes open. I was in the Wakandan med-bay. Or... it looked like I was.

"(Y/n)! Holy shit you're awake-" Shuri ran towards me excitedly, but an ice dagger to the throat cut her off. I surprised myself with my own self-preservation instincts, but I couldn't take any chances.

"I thought you were bae," she yelled out in shock, "Turns out you're just fam."

Sighing in relief I returned the water to the air. Mysterio couldn't mimic Meme Princess Shuri™, that was a privilege only her friends and family could enjoy. "You have no idea how relieved I am to see a friendly face."

"I love you, and I'm concerned, but what the hell?" Shuri checked my vitals on her holo-pad.

"Sorry. The guy Peter and I are up against creates these massive illusions. It's how he made me fall out of a building. Then one of his goons threw me in a river- how did you find me, by the way?"