Chapter Fourteen🕷Carnival of Lights

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Fourteen: Carnival of Lights

🕷

I was proven correct the next morning

I was proven correct the next morning. The travel company called Mr. Harrington and informed him that we got a 'special upgrade'. Instead of going to Paris, we were going to Prague.

"So you're telling me that we're in an actual Avatar the Last Airbender situation right now and that the fire nation is about to attack?" MJ asked without a hint of humor.

"Yes, and I'd appreciate it if you reacted a bit more. Because now we're going right into the war zone."

"Shit," MJ shrugged.

We passed through a sidestreet and came upon a large bus, with Dmitri as the driver. As if my suspicions about who hijacked our vacation weren't strong enough already.

"I told you he wouldn't leave it alone," I nudged Peter's arm as we loaded on.

I took a seat far in the back and Peter sat next to me, still pouting about the fact that our plans had changed so suddenly.

"Look on the bright side, this probably means we'll be staying somewhere nicer," I tried to cheer him up. He managed a smile in return.

We were off. It was an eight and a half hour drive to Prague, which mostly everyone spent either sleeping or on their phones. I was in the middle of a nap at the four-hour mark when Peter started frantically tapping my shoulder.

"What?" I groaned sleepily, jerking back when he shoved a pair of glasses onto my face, "What the hell?"

"It's the glasses Mr. Fury gave to me from Mr. Stark! They have an AI!" Peter explained shortly.

"Retinal and facial scanning... scanning complete. Hello (Y/n)."

"Hello?"

"My name is EDITH, which stands for 'Even dead, I'm the hero'."

"Of course it does."

"You have been granted the same access to my systems as Peter Parker. Is there anything you would wish to do right now?"

"Not really. It was cool to meet you though."

"Nice to meet you too, (Y/n)."

I handed the glasses back to Peter, and as I did, the bus rolled to a steady stop in a small traditional town.

"Bathroom," Dmitri announced shortly.

The class ran off of the bus, eager to have a break and stretch their legs. Peter and I were the last ones, and Dmitri held a hand out to stop us. Without words, he motioned to a door in the lodge across from us. A woman stood in the doorway, then walked inside as soon as we noticed her.