Chapter Nineteen🕷Parallel by Trial

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Nineteen: Parallel by Trial

🕷

We'd prepped for Peter's case for a month

We'd prepped for Peter's case for a month. Unlike other high-profile cases, we weren't dragging the process out to find evidence that wasn't there. Happy also used some of his connections to move the process a bit faster as well. We wanted the trial over with as soon as possible.

The first day of testimony was an introduction to the case from both sides, the second, and third belonged to the prosecution. Their main piece of evidence was the video along with the fact that Peter hid identity. On the fourth we brought Ned and MJ, but because they couldn't prove that the drone that attacked them wasn't sent by Peter, they were just character witnesses. The fifth day was Matt bringing in Shuri, who was the only one who could debunk the video and prove that it was illusion tech and an advanced AI that made it.

Pushing the ruffles out of my skirt for the fifth time, I calmed my nerves. It was the final day of testimony - the trial again being sped up to our advantage - and I was up. I'd spent the last week thinking of what to say and how to respond to questions. In the end, I wouldn't be sure of what to do until I was actually up there and in the spotlight.

"I'd like to call (Y/n) (L/n) to the stand."

"You got this," Mom whispered as I stood.

Making my way to the stand, I took a seat and met Matt's tinted glasses.

"Good morning, Miss. (L/n). Can you state your relationship to the defendant?"

"I'm his girlfriend."

"Good. And is it true that you saw what happened the day in question?"

"Yes."

"And how is that?"

I took my eyes off of Matt and looked to the cameras at the back of the courtroom. Call it a parallel, full circle, ti didn't matter. Because Tony Stark was smiling down at me as I stated-

"I am Riptide."

The room exploded. Expecting such a reaction, I took the time to calm my racing heart. The thing I'd tried to hard to protect was out. Peter and I were both public heroes.

"Order. Order in the court!"

The room settled and Matt continued, 'Describe Mr. Beck in your own words."

"A liar, manipulative, deranged."

"Can you expand?"

"He made the world think he was a hero. In reality, he was a scorned Stark Industries employee angry with his ex-boss for using his weapon to improve people's mental health."