Chapter Eleven🕷The Brides

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Eleven: The Bride

🕷

A/n: I love my OC's so much I gave them an entire chapter for their wedding, lol

A/n: I love my OC's so much I gave them an entire chapter for their wedding, lol. I'm going to be travelling tomorrow, so, early update!

~*~

School was... boring. Uneventful, and anti-climatic. Even though the Snap happened halfway through the year, they made us to start the year all over again. Which was fine with me and Peter. We'd forgotten nearly everything we had learned in the five years after the Blip so the refresher was nice.

It was nine months of much-needed healing and adjustment to teenage life again. While crime was up slightly at first, it quickly went back down to a normal percentage since things had settled down and the world had begun working again. That meant that Spider-Man and Riptide weren't needed very often, and our patrols died down to once or twice a week.

May had started an organization that assisted other people in relocating if the Blip displaced them, and for obvious reasons, Spider-Man and Riptide became the mascots for said organizations.

Therapy was nice. I felt better than I had in a while, and we were working our way up to the worst trauma I had. But no amount of therapy would ever wipe away the smallest cracks left in my mental health. Seeing Morgan and Pepper for our bi-weekly dinners hurt, even when I covered it with a smile. Seeing so many memorials to Tony hurt even more. It was hard, but I was making it work. I knew things were hard for Peter too, but they were less hard together. Healing took time, and it was the baby steps that counted.

"And the guilt is still present?"

Taking a sip of my water, I nodded. Shawn nodded with a neutral expression and marked something down on his notepad.

"It's uh, hard to explain. I'm conscious of the fact that it wasn't me. That I was under the control of the real killer, and that FRIDAY has confirmed that what I did was a drop in the bucket of the injuries he sustained, but it's like... none of that matters because I still hate myself for it."

"The conscious and subconscious, while connected, are separate things. What you're trying to attempt to do is form a bridge between the two and come to an understanding. You have the foundation, it's the finer details that matter now."

Nodding, I looked to the side. Focusing on the finer details, huh?

"You've done well confronting the problem. But I believe there's something holding you back from the chance to move on like we've discussed. What is that?"

"Closure," I answered immediately, and Shawn's eyebrows rose in surprise, "I never got to talk to Thanos about what happened, not really. He did what he did, and then he was beheaded by Thor. Then I saw him again, but he took control without the knowledge of what he did, and he died too... I never got to talk to him about what he did."