Chapter Eighteen🕷New York Prosecution

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Eighteen: New York Prosecution

🕷

Our world became a dumpster fire after Peter's identity was revealed

Our world became a dumpster fire after Peter's identity was revealed. Full of avoiding the press and trying to handle patrol alone and talking to whoever we could about how the hell could clear Peter's name and try to move on as now public heroes.

We'd tried so hard for years to protect our identities to both protect those we loved and keep up some semblance of a normal life. Everything we'd worked for had been destroyed in one faked video on the website that Peter had an internship with before the Blip. We were out in the public, our families were as well, and any chance for a normal life was gone

In all that time, I was canceling therapy session after therapy session because my life was so busy, and I could feel the effects on my mental state. I should have been talking through my stress along with finally moving past my guilt and grief about Tony. Instead, Peter was being painted as a murderer and I wanted nothing more than to scream, "He never killed anyone, but I did!" If it meant clearing his name.

That dumpster fire exploded the day two men in prim suits showed up at Peter's door.

It was week two of the press hounding Peter and everyone he was close to. I was tired of answering questions about how I felt about his relationship with Riptide since he was "cheating on me". Idiots. The only people who had figured out who I was were conspiracy theorists, and no one believed them.

"Fury, you can't just leave us to deal with this alone," I fumed, Fury on speaker between me, Peter, May, and Happy. We'd been trying to get in contact with him for weeks, and when we finally did, he was claiming he couldn't help us, "You're the reason we trusted Beck so much in the first place!"

"People are calling me a murderer, and because they used EDITH, no one an tell if it's been faked or not! Even those experts they get for the big news sites."

"Sorry, Parker. I'm currently... unavailable. I'm sure you can figure it out. I'll send you a legal contact just in case."

"Mr. Fury-" May was cut off when Fury hung up, "Shit."

"I'm screwed," Peter moaned sullenly.

"We'll figure this out, Bug-Boy," I assured, gently running my hand over his back.

I spoke too soon. Two solitary knocks caused May to rush to the door. She looked through the peephole, and opened the door instead of leaving it alone. So it wasn't press or haters that had snuck past the security on the main floor, which we'd had to deal with more than once.

"Hello, Mrs. Parker," two men in prim suits, "We are lawyers that represent the State of New York. After delving into further investigation, we've found that we can charge Mr. Parker with first-degree murder."