Chapter Twenty-Two🕷Leap of Faith

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Twenty-Two: Leap of Faith

🕷

The next morning, May provided all of us with some more food, and left us to do our work again

The next morning, May provided all of us with some more food, and left us to do our work again. Peter and I weren't sure where we stood. We got excited with the others when Peni found out that the source of the portals was a dimensional-collider under the city, and that in order to keep it open, one of us would have to stay behind. We assisted Peni in the science of it all when we could, but mostly kept to ourselves or got to know the other Spider-Men.

It was that night when we got our newest and final arrivals. They came down with May. A girl, a teenager, and an older man that resembled a more tired version of Peter when he was older.

"You might need these," May held out the "my name is" stickers she'd jokingly put on our breakfast plates that morning, "You think you're the only people who thought to come here?"

"Hey fellas." Noir greeted.

"Is he in black and white?" The teenage boy asked.

"Where is that wind coming from? We're in a basement."

"Wherever I go, the wind follows. And the wind, smells like rain."

Peni jumped down from above, "Hi guys! Konichiwa! Hajimemashita yoroshuku?"

Peni's robot- SP//dr, I learned- landed just behind her in a pose.

"This could literally not get any weirder."

Then came Porker. He waltzed up to the older-Peter and held out his hand, "It can get weirder! I just washed my hands that's why they're wet. No other reason."

Peter and I waved in the most undramatic fashion possible. Did all superheroes inherit an automatic sense of theatrical talent?

"You're like me."

Needless to say I felt a little left out.

"My name is Peter Parker."

"My name is Peni Parker."

"My name is Peter Porker."

"I was bitten by a radioactive spider."

"I was bitten by a radioactive pig."

"In my universe it's 1933 and I'm a private eye. I like to drink egg creams and I like to fight Nazis. A lot."

"I am from New York in the year 3145. I have a psychic link with a spider who lives inside my father's robot, and we're best friends. Forever."

"Sometimes I let matches burn down to my fingertips just to feel something, anything."