Chapter Fifteen🕷All an Illusion

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Fifteen: All an Illusion

🕷

A/n: I really want to move to the next storyline, so that means uploading every Sunday until we get there! Enjoy!

~*~

Quentin Beck

Beck watched the young pair walk away from the bar, the illusion of a bar full of people fading around him until all that was left was his co-workers and the drones they'd used to achieve their goal.

"See, that wasn't so hard." He shrugged with a giggle. The group cheered in response, "Somebody get this stupid costume off me!" Victoria rushed to pull the fake armor off and set it aside. He handed the glasses off, "Get that into our system."

"Toast, toast, toast, toast!" The group cheered.

"This is a big win but we've still got a lot of work to do," Beck dismissed, but the group insisted. Grinning, he stepped onto the counter, "Okay, toast! Give me that, Doug." He took a bottle of champagne, "To our former employer, Tony Stark!"

The crowd booed and sneered at the name, "The Jester King, literally wrapped in wealth and technology that he was unfit to wield. Like the holographic system I designed, with limitless uses that Tony saw fit to use as a therapy machine that he renamed Barf. He renamed my life's work Barf, then he fired me and said I was unstable. To Tony."

"To Tony!"

"Next, to William. The integration of my illusion tech with your weaponized drones was brilliant. Powerful illusions, real damage, worked like a charm, and it's just the beginning... To Guderman. The story you created about a man named Quentin fighting space monsters is totally ridiculous, and just the kind of thing people will believe right now. I mean, everybody bought it!"

"Woo!"

"To Victoria, staging electromagnetic pulses at each attack site so Fury's own satellites would confirm it. Genius. To Janice. After Tony died, she was the one who found out that EDITH was being handed over not to us, not to the defense department, but to a child."

"Thank you!"

"And finally, a thanks to the man who contacted us and brought us all together. The mastermind behind this, and our benefactor. Harry Osborn. He couldn't be here tonight, but he's with us in devious spirit. Now, he gave us strict instructions not to harm Riptide, but if worse comes to worst, accidents happen."

"To Harry!"

"Nowadays, you can be the smartest person in the room, but no one will listen unless you have a cape or are shooting lasers our of your hands. Well, I've got a cape, and I shoot lasers. With our technology, with you, Mysterio will be the greatest hero on Earth. And everyone will listen! Not to a boozy man-child. Not to two teenagers. But to me, and to our lovely team. To us. To Mysterio!"