Chapter Twenty-Five🕷The Hobgoblin

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Twenty-Five: The Hobgoblin

🕷

A/n: So I've decided that the last chapter, epilogue, and goodbye will be posted on Christmas Eve, and my new story will be posted on Christmas!

~*~

After a good night of sleep, I was unsure what to do the next day. Peter and I could go on patrol for the entire day, but since both of us had suits that would easily form in a crisis - him in his Iron-Spider, mine my Riptide suit from Tony - there was no point in stressing ourselves like that.

So we took to the original group chat and organized a catch-up at Starbucks. Within an hour of sending the text; Ned, MJ, Peter, and I were set to meet at the nearest Starbucks.

Informing my parents of the plan, I took the elevator to the main lobby. There, I was pleasantly surprised to see Jess at the main counter. Since her and Via got married, she had been working the front desk less and less. The only reason she continued after she got the manager position was because she wanted to stay close with all the tenants. But she was married, and her and Via were focusing on the newlywed life, and Jess was getting more and more work as the manager. It made sense for her to pull back, no matter how sad it made me to not see her as often.

"Jess!" I practically leaped over the desk to hug her, "I've missed you!"

"I missed you too. Via says hi, she wishes she could have come in with me to help out, but she had a meeting with her charity directors today she couldn't avoid. It was for the one in Sokovia dealing with homelessness."

"It's fine. Not all of us can run multiple charities and see our friends at the same time," I joked, ever-impressed with how much good Via was doing for the world. Not all heroes wear capes- in a figurative sense since neither Peter nor I ever wore a cape, "How's the newlywed life?"

"Good! She's the best thing ever, besides you Short-Stack. What about you? I'm sorry I missed the trial after what happened with Beck, I was in South Africa. But I could have been a good character witness. Secretaries hear everything."

"Peter was acquitted, that's what matters. And I get it, you're all over the world saving lives now. I'm just happy you could be here today. Will you be visiting more?"

"Hopefully. Via's biggest travel time of the year is over, so we'll be able to stay in New York more. How are you faring with being a public hero?"

"Well, after the trial, Peter and I didn't leave our apartments very often unless it was for patrols or to go to Wakanda, so we haven't had to face the public a lot. But, I'm ready to handle giving out pictures and to deal with fans and haters and stuff. Mutants deal with that in general anyway. Being a hero is just another layer to it."