Chapter Twenty🕷The Garden

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Twenty: The Garden

🕷

A/n: Happy Thanksgiving! This is a gift to show how thankful I am for you

A/n: Happy Thanksgiving! This is a gift to show how thankful I am for you. Honestly, this is one of my favorite chapters in this book because of who shows up and how I went about writing it. I'll still be posting on Sunday as well!

~*~

Two weeks after the verdict and acquittal of Peter, our lives had become semi-normal. I was visiting Wakanda on the weekends to continue my internship with Shuri, and I resumed my therapy appointments with Shawn. Still, something tickled my mind and haunted my dreams.

Morgan's little face looking up at me and saying that I killed her father. 

Suffice to say, it made our weekly visits with her a lot harder. Beck tried to ruin Peter's life, but what he didn't realize was that he ruined mine far before Peter was almost convicted of murder. But it wasn't just Beck, it was Thanos too. In my therapy sessions, Shawn and I were stuck on the idea of closure. I never got to stick-it to Thanos and tell him what I really thought of him, scream at him and curse him to hell for what he made me do. If I could do that, things would be better. Because I'd be facing who really killed Tony. But since I couldn't, there was no way to turn that blame to someone other than myself.

Peter picked up on how I felt pretty easily, and we talked about it on more than one occasion. It wasn't until Peter asked if we could go to Wakanda together a week after our conversation without telling me why that I knew something was up.

Okoye picked us up an hour later, and she was just as cryptic about why we were going. When we landed, Shuri was there to greet us and bring us to her lab. When we stepped off the transporter, I realized why everyone had been so quiet.

"You made a spaceship?"

It was modeled much like the Guardians', with Shuri's own flare here or there. Fully functional, with the vibranium to allow it to survive the atmosphere.

"Peter told me that you've been needing to go to space," Shuri explained shortly, leading us aboard, "And while I'm not entirely sure why, I couldn't leave my best friend hanging and not build her the spaceship of her dreams so she could do so."

"Shuri, you're my favorite person," I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Don't think this doesn't come without a price. I'm coming with you. It'll be fun!"

"A space trip with no adult supervision? Sure, why not?"

An hour earlier I had been talking to my parents about whether or not we should order takeout or make something for dinner. Now, I was going out to space.