Chapter Six🕷Young and Old

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter 6: Young and Old

🕷

"We've got thirty seconds before the rest of the team gets back

"We've got thirty seconds before the rest of the team gets back. No time for messing around," Tony ushered us onto the platform. With our past practice, we took mere moments to change into the Quantum Realm suits. It helped that we could put them over our suits, "We left Scott- Lang, I know we have two- in New York so he'll come back with them too."

"Are you sure you want to go out there? Tony and I can try to go back to New York again," Steve offered, not bothering to hide his anxiety, "It was our mistake for not being able to grab the Mind Stone in the first place."

"Thank you for your concern Captain, but this is our fight now," Xavier spoke up, chuckling, "Not all of us may look capable, but we'll be back with the others."

Without hesitation, Steve nodded. The Professor was good at convincing people like that. All of us activated our helmets, and Kurt counted down.

"Three, two, one."

Fwip.

We popped up earlier in the fight against Apocalypse than expected. Our estimated time was obviously off. Unlike the Battle of New York, no one was tracking when the X-Men arrived and dealt with Apocalypse. All we had was a date and approximate time-span.

All of that left us with Apocalypse, his former lackeys, and the professor. No X-Men yet. They were still at the facility after being captured by Ryker.

Hear me, inhabitants of this world, the X-Men simultaneously winced as the Professor's voice, young, rang through their heads, This is a message. A message to every man, woman, and mutant. You have lost your way. But I have returned. The day of reckoning, it is here. All your buildings... all your buildings and temples will fall. The dawn of a new era will emerge. For there is nothing you can do to stop what is coming. This message is for one reason alone... Those with the greatest power. Protect those without. That's my message to the world.

"That was badass Professor," I whispered excitedly to the man, eyes straining to see the group in the distance- Thanos' modifications coming in handy and clearing up the large distance. At the moment, they were just outside the city.

I had heard the story of Apocalypse many times. From the X-Men, the news, and my parents. But I wasn't alive to experience any of what happened. Physically being near the man, and seeing the past event was both terrifying and awe-inspiring.

"How long do we have to wait before the team arrives?" Ororo winced upon seeing her past, Apocalypse serving, self.

"An hour at most," Xavier offered unsurely.