Chapter Seven🕷They Will Resist

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter 7: They Will Resist

🕷

Although I would consider Nat a close friend, there was a lot I didn't know about her

Although I would consider Nat a close friend, there was a lot I didn't know about her. She always made comments about my hair being dyed, and I did the same with her. She teased me and Peter when we were out together, and I made sure to visit when I could so she wouldn't always be alone.

"What are you doing?" Peter watched as I pulled water from the plants around the lake.

Keeping silent, I walked sideways, watching the proximity between my target and the compound. When I was the perfect distance between the lake and the building, I dropped the water into the ground. With increased moisture, it was easy to pull the wildflowers blooming into an intentional cluster.

"(Y/n)?"

"It's all I can do," my eyes burned with tears, and Peter hugged me from behind, "We don't have a body for a funeral and ice will melt so this is the only memorial-"

"Shh, it's okay," Peter rocked me gently, "You're doing the best she can. She gave up her life so we could bring everyone else back. When she released all of SHIELD's files, I read through some of them. She did a lot of bad stuff, but she redeemed herself. No one is beyond redemption."

Sniffling, I nodded slightly. Though his focus was on Nat, I understood that the redemption he mentioned was for me. Thanos made me do awful things but if Nat could redeem herself, then I could too.

"The others are talking about her. We should meet up with them," Peter led me to the lakeside where the others were mourning together.

"Do we know if she had any family?" Tony asked.

"Yeah. Us."

"What?" Thor snapped, "You're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back."

"Wh- what?" Thor turned to me for help, "But Thanos brought you back with the stones. It's possible. You should be dead!"

Crossing my arms, I frowned deeply, "You don't have to remind me. I'm well aware of that, but this is different."

Thor laughed deeply, "I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint cut in defending my thoughts.

Thanos could bring me back because I wasn't supposed to die in the first place, and he damaged his body doing so anyway. To bring someone back who traded their lives for the stone would mean losing the stone in the process.