Chapter Twenty-One🕷Another Dimension

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot.

🕷

Chapter Twenty-One: Another Dimension

🕷

A/n: Remember when I said I'd post this on the Sunday after Thanksgiving? Yeah, me too

~*~

"Oh my god," I was nauseous. It sounded like Harry was talking to someone in the final voicemail, but there were no other voices to be heard. Almost like... like who he was talking to didn't exist, "Peter! We need to go back to New York, now!"

"What's wrong?"

"It's Harry. I think he had a breakdown. Like a breakdown. Peter... he sounded like Norman."

Peter's eyes widened. Harry may have hated his guts, but he never tried to hurt us, and Peter never stopped thinking of him as family. Especially since we still hung out in the same circle. So for Harry to be delving into madness, following the same path as his father, we were all terrified.

"Shuri, we need to go back to New York. Now."

"Uh, sure. You can take one of the quinjets. You remember how to fly them, right?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Shuri. We'll hang again soon!"

Shouldering our overnight bags, we ran to the nearest quinjet, trusting Shuri would tell whoever she needed to that we had taken it. Loading up, we clicked New York's preset coordinates and set it to the top speed.

Pulling out our suits from our bags, we quickly pulled them on. I was thankful that it was a Shuri suit because I simply pulled on the cuffs and had my suit cover my clothes. If I had to pull the full thing on, my hands would be shaking too badly to operate.

"Where are we gonna land this thing?" Peter wondered when we settled into our seats again.

"Put it in cloaking mode and land it on the building next to the mansion. Then we can swing over to his roof."

Within the hour we arrived in New York. Harry's manor had no lights on, despite the late hour. Landing the jet on the nearest flat rooftop, we rushed out.

While Peter was swinging us both to Harry's roof, the sky opened above us. Peter gasped in shock as he was pulled toward the portal. Holding onto him for dear life, we screamed as we were sucked in, so close to helping Harry.

~*~

"(Y/n), (Y/n) wake up!"

Snapping up, Peter's familiar face greeted me, but-

"You look like a cartoon."

"So do you."

Pulling out the small hand-held mirror I kept for my lipstick, I looked myself over carefully. Sure enough, my features had taken on a cartoon-ish nature, while still maintaining some semblance of realism. The world around us was different. Straight out of a comic book with bold lines for building borders and stark highlights on people's clothing.