| chapter six |

dancing is the closest thing to magic

RAELYNN FELT LIKE EVERY FIBRE OF HER BEING was vibrating with anticipation. Adrenaline coursed through her veins, and she just wanted to dance and let out all her built-up emotions. The chatter of the other dancers filled up Studio A as the group waited for their remaining members. Hearing footsteps, Raelynn turned towards the door and saw the girl that sent her heart palpitating.

"Sorry, can I just get your attention?" Riley spoke as she stood in front of the group of dancers, her hands clasped together as she began to feel nervous. "I have an announcement to make." Everyone turned around to face the older and more experienced dancer. Some of the new members of the Next Step looked up to the older girl, her dancing skills were terrific, and she was kind to everyone. "So, Miss Kate actually decided to take a judging job on a reality show, so she asked me to take over as studio head."

"That's amazing, Riley," Raelynn felicitated with a mischievous grin on her face as she already knew of the news from before. The rest of the group shared their congratulations for the ombre-haired girl. Everyone clapped their hands for their new studio head.

"So, does that mean we have to call you Miss Riley from now on?" Richelle asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"No. No, call me, Miss Kate." Riley joked, looking at everyone seriously. Raelynn snorted as she jutted out her hip, her hair was wrapped in a high ponytail. She wore a grey themed outfit today:  grey sports bra and sweatpants. She threw on a grey sweater over it while she wore grey shoes. Currently, her stuff was in her cubby hole.

 Currently, her stuff was in her cubby hole

"I'm kidding, just call me Riley. Just Riley." The dancers chuckled and sighed in relief.

"Okay, Just Riley." The new studio head glared playfully at Raelynn, who snickered. Her lips were stretched into a broad grin, mischief dancing in her eyes.

"Doesn't that mean that there is a spot open on A troupe?" Michelle asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"Yes, it does!" Riley excalimed as she remembered about her replacement. "And I've decided to give that spot to Amanda." The former elite dancer entered the studio to slow claps from most of the new dancers.