| chapter twenty five |

she only tried to dance better than herself

"SO, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" asked Raelynn, her fingers laced with Alfie's as the latter clutched the steering wheel of his car with his other hand

"It's a secret," he replied, grinning gleefully at the fact that he was finally taking his secret girlfriend out on a date. It indicated that their relationship would shortly be more public and he hoped that in the next month, Raelynn would break up with Riley and James and the two could be open.

"Alfie," she whined, pulling her puppy dog face to the prince who just laughed it off, raising their interlocked hands and pressing a kiss on hers. Raelynn felt her heart leap at the action, her stomach filling with butterflies. But she couldn't help but feel something else, something that was foreign. And it wasn't anything good.

Shrugging it off, Raelynn leant into the car seat, closing her eyes and listening to the roar of the engine. Picking up a song playing on the radio, the brunette sang the familiar lyrics softly. Alfie glanced to the side with a warm smile on his face. She was a true beauty. He couldn't wait to make her queen.

"We're here," announced Alfie shortly after. Opening her eyes, Raelynn caught sight of the large banner with a lady skating on ice.

"We're going ice skating?!" she squealed joyfully. Alfie chuckled, nodding as he pulled up into the parking area, parking the car closest to the entrance.

Switching off the engine of the car, the two got out and walked to the door where Alfie opened it for her. "After you, milady," he winked, bowing slightly. Raelynn bubbled out with laughter, shaking her head playfully.

"Thank you, kind sir," she curtsied before the two walked in. Alfie laced their hands together and tugged her into the right direction.

"Where is everyone?" asked Raelynn as she realised that nobody was there.

"Gone." Raelynn furrowed her brows, turning to look at him. "I sent them all home."

"Wait?! This is all yours?!" Alfie shook his head, laughing at her expression.

"Only for tonight." He winked. Pulling her inside, he helped get the right shoes for her, helping her put them on before fixing up himself.

"Can I be honest with you?" Raelynn questioned as they stood by the entrance to the ice rink. Alfie nodded. "I've never been ice skating."

"You don't know how to ice skate?" Raelynn shook her head, smiling sheepishly. Alfie grinned. "It's alright; I'll help you." With that, he got into the rink, quickly catching his balance. Raelynn was at awe with how he skated around the rink a few times, getting used to the ice. He pulled up in front of her, skidding to a stop.

He held out his hand. "Don't worry; I'll make sure you won't fall." Raelynn hesitantly took it. Helping her onto the rink, Alfie guided her with a tender smile. "There you go," he said once she managed to stable herself onto the ice. Raelynn grinned as she managed to stand without slipping. "Let's skate around."