| chapter thirteen |

— trigger warning —

progress is dancing to the same
song used to cry too

"RAELYNN!" Hearing her name being called, the said girl turned into the direction of Alfie who was sitting in the juice shop she just entered with Riley opposite him

"RAELYNN!" Hearing her name being called, the said girl turned into the direction of Alfie who was sitting in the juice shop she just entered with Riley opposite him. The brunette smiled as she sat next to Riley, pressing a kiss on her cheek before grabbing one of the sandwiches on Alife's plate and taking a bite into it. Even though he felt jealousy grow in his chest, he didn't act out on it and distracted himself by chuckling at the dancer who stole his food. He couldn't expect anything less from her.

"Yum." She said as she devoured the whole things. "Anyway, how are you guys?" Raelynn asked as she grabbed the napkin beside his plate and wiped the crumbs from her face and her hands.

"Great," Riley said as she grabbed her hand, inlocking their fingers.

"Same here," Alfie commented as he took a gulp from his soda. "How about you?" Raelynn shrugged before the three all jumped into a conversation about Riley and her friends handling a 'vicious' filing cabinet. Picking up on the sound of a child whispering Alfie's name, the brunette looked behind the male who quickly got up and hushed the family as if he knew who they were. The fact that they spoke a different language made Raelynn rose a brow at the scene.

"What was that about?" She asked once Alfie sat back in his seat. He brushed it off until the girl came up to him.

"Prince Alfred, may I please get an autograph?" Raelynn looked at her friend in surprise along with Riley until a smirk tugged at the lips of the former. Once Alfie signed the teenager's paper, Raelynn placed her chin in her hands as she stared at the dancer with mischevious eyes.

"Prince, huh?" Riley commented as Alfie looked down in slight embarrassment and Raelyn scoffed.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Alfie."

"So, you guys don't really care?" Alfie asked hesitantly. He didn't want any special treatment just because he was royalty. It was one of the things he really hated.

"Honestly?" Raelynn asked. Alfie nodded. "So what if you are a Prince Alfie," Raelynn spoke bluntly. "I know exactly who you are. Prince or not, my opinion on you will never change." The said male looked back up and smiled softly along with Riley, who just facepalmed even as a smile tugged at her lips. Alfie knew he could always count on Raelynn to continue treating him the way she did before. She was true and honest, brutally honest in some cases.

"Thanks." The two shared a smile that made Riley feel slightly uncomfortable. She didn't want Raelynn to smile like that at anyone except her. Realising what she was thinking, Riley shook her head. She was being to possessive.