| chapter eight |

for her, dancing was the same as breathing

A WEEK HAD PASSED SINCE James and his friends signed up for the dance competition Raelynn had been to ages ago

A WEEK HAD PASSED SINCE James and his friends signed up for the dance competition Raelynn had been to ages ago. She would've gone this year, but she denied their request ages ago. She wasn't in the mood to compete for something she won many times. It was boring for her.

Right now, the brunette was sitting with Riley in her office. She was wearing a cropped army green tank with matching coloured sweatpants. She threw a white jacket over it while she had her hair tied up in a high ponytail.

 She threw a white jacket over it while she had her hair tied up in a high ponytail

The two were discussing possible groups and challenges for Regionals. They wanted to be fully prepared, wanting backup dances just in case something were to happen that caught them off guard. Raelynn's eyes drifted over to the dancers that were slowly entering the studio. She would be helping them learn a choreograph she planned late last night. She would let them add their own tricks in it, but she had the basic foundation of it done.

When she saw the last few dancers enter, Raelynn pushed her chair back and stood up, fixing her jacket. "Alright, Imma go and warm them up." Riley nodded, slightly distracted by whatever work she was doing her laptop. The brunette left the office, smiling warmly at everyone before standing in front of them all.

They all stopped their talking when she clapped her hands, getting their attention as they stood a few feet before her. "We have two options today. Option one, a quick stretch and go straight into choreo, or we can play a quick dance game to get us in the mood."

"I say, option two," Amy said, smiling widely with everyone nodding their heads, agreeing with her while Skylar scoffed in the background, folding her arms over her chest.

"Is there a problem, Skylar?" Raelynn asked as she looked at the back of the studio with everyone following her and staring at the girl, who straightened her back with a shocked look on her face.

"Are we seriously playing games with Regionals so soon?" she asked in disbelief.

"So? Is there a problem with a little fun?" Noah questioned as he stood by Amanda, the two both crushing on each other, but they kept it to themselves.