| chapter eighteen |

she danced with the stars in her eyes

"SO, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" Raelynn, dance captain of the next step, asked her group

"SO, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" Raelynn, dance captain of the next step, asked her group. The dancers all glanced to the trio that got them into this mess.

"We're meeting them at the park," answered Piper, James' younger sister. Raelynn nodded her head, glancing at Alfie, who gave her a reassuring smile, squeezing her hand slightly. When Piper glanced back, Alfie let go of her hand, knowing that the brunette would not like it if anyone saw they were holding hands and made the wrong assumptions. Unfortunately, Piper saw it but shrugged it off. She trusted James' girlfriend.

"There they are," Salone said, walking close to Latroy, feeling safe when she was close to him. Raelynn's eyes moved over to the direction Salone pointed at. She snorted when she saw the group of wannabe rebels. They were a mix of people, from Latinos to African Americans to full-on white girls. They all wore clothes that were larger than their sizes and ripped in areas that exposed their cleavage. Unlike the group of girls, the Raelynn had class and sophistication with her outfit - even when she dressed up in a hip hop way.

The brunette was wearing a slightly loose grey crop top that showed off her amazing and killer abs. She wore a low waisted pair of grey leggings with a camo printed jacket wrapped around her waist. For shoes, she wore her usual white sneakers, finding them very comfortable.

 For shoes, she wore her usual white sneakers, finding them very comfortable

"Well, lookie here. It seems they did have the balls to come and face us." said what seemed to be the leader of the group as she stood before the others, her hoop earrings as big as someone's fist. Seeing the hesitation and nervousness on her dancers faces, Raelynn made her way to the front, her hands on her hips.

"Could you hurry this up?" she huffed, bored of this whole thing already. This was just wasting their time if she was being honest. The only reason she was here because the kids would go, either way - they just had a better chance with her there. The group leader laughed, the others following steadily with a few in the back wondering what the hell was going on.

"You think that just because you won Internationals that you're better than us?" The leader, who Raelynn would soon learn was called Kayla, came into her personal space, facing her face to face. "Newsflash, honey." she mocked. "You lost the fucking qualifiers!" Kayla tried to stare down the brunette, who didn't react at all. All she did was wipe a little spit that came onto her face. The two stared into each other's eyes, asserting their dominance. This was something Raelynn was the best at. Wherever she was, she'd always be the dominant one. No matter what.