| chapter twenty one |

when in doubt, maybe sex helps?

"CAN I BURROW SOME CLOTHES?" Raelynn asked Alfie once they had entered his luxurious apartment that she had inside multiple times

"CAN I BURROW SOME CLOTHES?" Raelynn asked Alfie once they had entered his luxurious apartment that she had inside multiple times. When she first saw the apartment, she teased him constantly about it. Of course, a prince had to have an amazing place to live in while in a foreign country.

"Yeah, sure," Alfie replied, taking his phone out to order some Chinese food from the restaurant close to his place. It had the best food in both their opinions. The male already knew Raelynn's order. She'd always order the same thing every time she came over. Raelynn grinned and climbed up the stairs, walking into his bedroom and heading straight for the closest. She opened the closet doors and scanned through his articles of clothing. Once she saw one of his hoodies, she took it off the hanger and placed it on the bed, grabbing a pair of shorts she ditched here once. She stripped herself of her clothes, slipping on the hoodie and shorts.

"Did you order food?" she asked as she exited the room after dumping her clothes in his laundry basket in the bathroom.

"Yup. The usual." Raelynn grinned and plopped onto the large couch, sitting rather close to him. "My hoodie again?" The brunette fluttered her eyelashes, feigning innocence. Alfie rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around her. He loved seeing her in his clothes. It gave him some sort of feeling that she was slowly becoming his.

The two watched a random show on the television, cuddled up together. Raelynn had no idea what was happening as the show was in French, a language she understood slightly. Thankfully, Alfie had put on the subtitles so she could know what was happening as they spoke.

The two sat in silence, laughing at funny times, tensing up at the suspensive times and sniffling at the sad times. They found comfort in the silence — no words needed to be exchanged. Raelynn's ears perked up when the sound of knuckles gently hitting wood echoed throughout the apartment. "Food's here!" she excalimed, standing up and making her way to the door.

"Money's on the counter!" Raelynn opened the door once she reached it, smiling brightly when she saw the familiar delivery man.

"Hiya, Chris." Christopher was the son of the restaurant's owner. He'd always come and bring them their food.

"Hey, Raelynn." He grinned, handing her the plastic bag with their takeout inside. The brunette placed the food on the counter near the door, grabbing the green dollar bills. "Oh, no. This is on the house." Chris informed her, winking at her before bidding her goodbye. Raelynn nodded slowly, surprised. She shrugged it off and grabbed the food, walking back to the couch and handing Alfie his food.

"How much was it?" Alfie asked, grabbing the chopsticks and breaking them into two.

"Zero. They said it was on the house." Alfie shot her a confused look, not familiar with the term. "It means for free."