| chapter fourteen |

dance enables you to find yourself

RIGHT NOW, RILEY WAS WATCHING the trio dance for the qualifier

RIGHT NOW, RILEY WAS WATCHING the trio dance for the qualifier. She was taking over for Raelynn, who hadn't come in yet. She was growing agitated at the only male of the group as he was marking the movements instead of rehearsing the movements fully.

"Sorry, I'm late," Raelynn said as she entered the studio. The brunette was wearing a large oversized hoodie with a pair of leggings. She had the hood thrown over her head while she paired the whole outfit with a pair of black sports shoes.

 She had the hood thrown over her head while she paired the whole outfit with a pair of black sports shoes

She wasn't feeling well and quickly realised she was developing some sort of cold. She had a packet of tissues in her pocket just in case she needed to sneeze or anything like that.

"Don't worry it's fine," Riley said as she quickly side hugged her, only for the brunette to stop her. Riley felt hurt at Raelynn's actions.

"I'm not feeling well; you'll get sick if you're to close to me." She explained, smiling softly before she brought out a tissue and sneezed into it.

"If you want to take the day off, you can." Riley offered, rubbing her back as Raelynn cleaned her nose and quickly disposed of the tissue.

"I'll be fine. It's just a small cold." She grinned, waving her illness off. Raelynn always put everything before her health, her greatest flaw to herself. Riley nodded hesitantly, still worried about the brunette who continued to watch the trio dance. "Okay, that's great Piper." She applauded the teenager as she followed the movements she helped them create exactly. As Riley continued to count, Raelynn bit the inside of her cheek when she saw Noah marking the choreo.

"Wait, stop," Riley spoke up also caching on with Noah's actions. "Piper and Richelle, that was good." She complimented before looking at the male dancer. "Noah, what's with the marking?" She asked as Raelynn took a seat down on the bench behind her. She watched the scene with heavy eyes. She didn't get enough sleep last night as her mind was producing thoughts after thoughts.

When Riley and Noah move to the office, Raelynn got up and followed them, quickly sitting in Riley's chair with wheels. She always preferred that seat to the others. "Is everything alright?" Noah asked once they entered the office.