| chapter seven |

dance is a conversation
between the body and the soul

ENTERING THE JUICE SHOP BELOW THE DANCE STUDIO, Raelynn tied her hair up into a ponytail

ENTERING THE JUICE SHOP BELOW THE DANCE STUDIO, Raelynn tied her hair up into a ponytail. She was wearing a white tank top paired with skinny black jeans. She had a leather red jacket thrown over the shirt and a thick black belt wrapped around her waist, holding up her paints and accentuating her curves. She wore a pair of black heeled boots that made her look a tad bit taller than she actually was.

 She wore a pair of black heeled boots that made her look a tad bit taller than she actually was

"Raelynn."

Hearing her name, the brunette glanced in the direction of the voice and saw the male that made her happy inside. A smile broke out onto her face as she walked over to James, who sat in front of his friend.

"Hi, James," Raelynn greeted the drummer as she sat on the wooden stool next to him. The male in front of James extended his hand.

"West." The two shook hands.

"Raelynn. Nice to meet you." Glancing down at the table, the brunette saw a black box that made her rise a perfectly done brow. "What's in the box?"

"I don't know," West admitted, his knee bouncing up and down from under the table.

"You seem anxious about it though," Raelynn noted as she saw the way his jaw clenched and how he drummed his fingers on the table, all signs of nervousness.

"There could be a dead or alive cat inside."

"I'm sorry, what?" Raelynn chuckled, her brows raised high as she shared a glance with James.

"What is that?" James asked as he stared at his best friend with a calm look on his face. He was used to West's rambling about things he didn't understand.

"It's Quantum Theory." James furrowed his brows, not believing anything West was saying about a cat. "You don't want it is, do you?"

"I do know what Quantum theory is," Raelynn spoke up. "And I also know that a cat could not fit in that box so," Raelynn reached for the box and opened up the top. Glancing at the red USB, she held it up. "It's cute." She handed it to James, who looked at it and chuckled.