| chapter twelve |

dance with your heart
and your feet will follow

dance with your heart and your feet will follow

"SUP, AMANDA." Raelynn greeted the ex-elite dancer as she slipped onto the stool opposite her. She was wearing a simple white crop top with a grey cropped jacket that she unzipped three-quarters of the way down. She wore a pair of dark leggings that allowed her to move easily. She left her hair open as she paired the whole outfit off with a pair of white sneakers.

When Raelynn didn't get a response from her, she rose a brow just as Riley entered the juice shop

When Raelynn didn't get a response from her, she rose a brow just as Riley entered the juice shop. The ombre-haired studio head felt a grin grow on her face once she saw the two brunettes. The studio head placed a kiss to Raelynn's cheek, mumbling a hi to her before sitting at the stool at the head of the table.

"Hey, Amanda." Riley got no response from the ex-elite dancer. "Have you guy seen James anywhere? I've been looking for him," she asked as she placed her phone on the table.

"No, sorry." Raelynn flashed her an apologetic smile. She hadn't seen either of them that much after she asked them both out. They all had been very busy. Riley, with the job of studio head, James, with his upcoming competition and Raelynn with her dance captain role. She had been coming up with possible dance routines for the regionals qualifiers. She wanted to be prepared for anything, so she was coming with some routines. Riley turned back to her friend, who didn't appear to hear her. When Riley clapped her hands in front of Amanda, a smile graced her lips as she was brought out of her daydream.

"Oh, hey, Riley."

"Hey. Why are you so distracted?" Raelynn took note of how Amanda's cheeks tainted red and looked back at the direction she was previously staring in.

"Why are you staring at Noah?" Raelynn asked amusingly when she saw the male that captured Amanda's attention.

"I'm not," Amanda said, defending herself as her heartbeat quickened up. Her eyes continued to go back to Noah, who was ordering a juice at the bar.

"Uh, yes, you are," Riley spoke, looking at her friend with a cheeky smile. Amanda leaned closer to the girls she considered her friends.

"He has muscles," she whispered to them. Raelynn burst out laughing as she realised Amanda was developing a crush on the younger boy. She did not see that coming.