| chapter nine |

dancing is the hidden language of the soul

"SO, I HEARD THAT YOU AND SKYLAR got into a dance battle. Is that true?" Riley asked the brunette as she walked into the office after ditching her stuff in her cubby hole. Raelynn grinned sheepishly, already knowing that Michelle and Amanda must have told her.

"It is," she answered as she plopped onto the chair. "But it's fine. I confronted her later, and she told me she was upset with things at home that she took it all out the other day." Riley hummed, nodding her head.

"Did you win?" Raelynn scoffed.

"Is that even a question?" The studio head stared at her with a pointed look. "Of course, I did." Riley rolled her eyes at her playful arrogance. Raelynn smiled broadly before they both did their own business in the early afternoon. The dancers had just left like an hour ago.

"I'm going to grab a bite to eat downstairs. Want anything?" Riley asked as she stood up from her chair, raising her arms over her head and stretching her stiff muscles.

"Anything sweet," Raelynn replied, flashing her a smile before going back to answering emails on her phone. Riley exited the office and silence entered, flowing through the room peacefully with Raelynn quickly completing her work.

"Ril—" James was cut off as he spotted the literal goddess sitting on the chair opposite the desk, her legs plopped on it. "Hey, Raelynn." The said dancer looked up, and her eyes lit up at the sight of James.

"Hey, James," she greeted him as he sat on his girlfriend's chair. "Looking for Riley?" James shook his head.

"I was actually looking for you." Hearing his words, Raelynn rose her brows and lowered her phone, looking at the male.

"For what reason?" she hummed, moving herself and the chair closer to the desk and placing her elbows on it with James copying her actions.

"We were wondering if you wanted to go to the movies actually," Riley's voice filled the office, breaking the two's eye contact as they glanced at her. Riley handed the brunette a bar of chocolate before glaring at her boyfriend. "And get out of my chair." James grinned and just pulled her into his lap. Riley gasped and slapped his thigh, but he held her closer, ignoring her useless attempts of moving out of his arms. Raelynn watched the two with amusement in her soft eyes while she tore open the wrapper and bit into her chocolate.

"One question," Raelynn spoke, interrupting their mini argument for a second as they both watched her take another bite, with James keeping his hold around Riley. "What movie?" The couple shrugged.

"Anything really. I hear from West that there is this new comedy film in the theatres if you want to watch it," James replied, gazing at the brunette who leant back in her chair, still munching on her chocolate. They sat in silence as she continued to eat her bar, looking at them while thinking. When she nodded after finishing, their eyes brightened up.

"That's great," Riley excalimed, trying to mask her excitement at spending time with the brunette they had both fallen for. Raelynn smiled sweetly before her phone rang. She answered the call and left the office, not before throwing the wrapper in the bin and leaving the couple alone in each other's embrace. "James."

"Yeah?" he asked, placing his face into the crook of her neck.

"What would you do if I, hypothetically, liked two people at the same time?" she asked, gaining the courage after many, many days. The male rose a brow, tensing up but slightly relieved.

"I would ask who," He turned her around in his lap, so she was straddling him. "you know, hypothetically," James teased, lightening the mood.

"Well, you, of course, and," Riley bit the inside of her cheek, hesitant. "Raelynn," she mumbled, but James picked up on it, stilling. Riley was panicking inside, hoping James wouldn't be mad but all her worries vanished when a broad grin on his lip.

"Well, then that's good." Riley looked at him with confusion. "Because I like her just as much as I like you." The two stared at each other with relief. They were both accepting over the fact of liking each other and another person. It may be weird for others, but they couldn't wait to make Raelynn theirs.

"Sorry about that," Raelynn spoke as she placed her phone in pocket, "Turns out I can't come tonight because my roommate did something stupid and I have—" The brunette froze in the doorway when she saw the position they were both in. "Shall I come back later?" she teased lightly, amusement in her eyes while Riley's widened and she hurried to get off James's lap, the latter chuckling at the blush forming on his girlfriend's cheeks.

"N-no." Riley cleared her throat. "It's fine," she said, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. Raelynn grinned and moved over to the two. She stood in front of Riley, hands on either side of the desk, trapping her before she leant into her personal space.

"Do I make you nervous?" Riley's cheeks were suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against her fair skin. She was mesmerised by the deep swirls of brown that coloured her pupils. Raelynn's golden black mascara on her half-opened eyelids added a smoky and dramatic look. With her translucent chocolate-coloured eyes and long eyelashes, her eyes looked like a cat's. Riley looked away, breaking their eye contact as Raelynn leant back, allowing her time to compose herself, fighting back the smile that wanted to break out.

When she looked back up, Raelynn snaked her arms around her, pulling her to her chest. Her nose tickled Riley's ear, who let out a tiny gasp as she felt the brunette's lips softly graze her slender neck. Riley's face heated up even more. She summoned enough courage to meet Raelynn's gaze, her brown eyes twinkled. It was then that Riley realised she knew. Raelynn wanted her to feel like that.

From behind them, James bit his lip. Watching Raelynn handle his girlfriend intimately turned him on. Knowing he would do something he might regret later, James cleared his throat, causing the two to break away. Riley with a flushed face and Raelynn with a triumphant smirk.

"Feeling lonely?" The latter purred as she seductively straddled his lap, earning a soft groan from James as her thigh lightly grazed his crotch. Raelynn leant closer to his face, softly blowing on his ears. James shuddered, and the brunette realised that his ears were the sensitive part of his body. She playfully tugged on his earlobe with her teeth before placing a soft kiss on it. Her smirk widened when she felt something shift from under her thigh.

Raelynn then slipped off his lap and fixed her attire, gazing back at the two. One was flustered, and the other was horny. Her eyes were lit with amusement. If she felt pleasure just by teasing them, she wondered how she would feel if she had them both in bed. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." With one last glance at them, she walked out of the office with her head high and her hips swaying to the side.

"She's something, isn't she?" James breathed out, regaining his composure and getting rid of all the dirty thoughts in his head. Riley nodded.

"But she'll be our something."