| chapter nineteen |

she danced with the wind in her hair

"HOW SHALL WE DECIDE WHO GOES FIRST?" Enchanted's dance captain, Kayla, asked Raelynn, the Next Step's dance captain

"HOW SHALL WE DECIDE WHO GOES FIRST?" Enchanted's dance captain, Kayla, asked Raelynn, the Next Step's dance captain. Raelynn took out a coin she had in her pocket, holding it up.

"Heads or tails?" she asked, spinning the silver coin in her hand.

"Heads," replied Kayla, her hands on her hips. Raelynn nodded and flipped the coin into the air effortlessly; all eyes trained onto it as gravity pulled it back to the ground. The brunette caught it swiftly and placed it down on her the back of her palm, removing her hand to reveal it to the others. "Yes!" Kayla excalimed once she saw it was heads.

"Small groups first." A group of girl's from Enchanted walked to the middle while the other dancers all stood by the side. There were about six of them, all standing into formation by the mirror, facing the others. Two kneeled down on the ground with another pair standing behind them, fingers linked in the air. The other pair stood on opposite sides of the girls, all of their heads faced down. Kayla motioned to one of her dancers to press play on the music.

As they danced together in sync, Raelynn was pretty impressed by their dance style. It wasn't very hip, but it was very sensual. They had obviously been practising this dance for a while as their moves were done together. Though there were a few tiny mistakes with placing, the fact that they could move as one made up for it. Everyone applauded for them when they froze onto their last move, backs towards them and head to the side.

"Well done." Kayla congratulated, clapping her hands. The six all nodded their heads, smiling widely as they moved to the side to let the other group go up. Raelynn could see the nervousness on their faces as they stood in position. She gave them a thumbs up before motioning to Michelle to press play on the song that they requested.

( s e c o n d g r o u p )

As they watched the group from the Next Step, everyone could quickly tell that their dance was as polished as the other dance. Raelynn watched with comforting eyes, smiling widely at the girls for trying their hardest. She knew it wasn't going to be perfect as they haven't practised this dance as much as the other group did.

"Good job, girls!" Raelynn spoke once they finished, high-fiving them as they moved to the side, slightly embarrassed as they knew they didn't do as excellent as they wish they did. "How shall we do this?" she asked Kayla, who shrugged before looking towards everyone.