| chapter thirty one |

it's just her and the music

RAELYNN FELT TERRIBLE. She couldn't sleep at all last night. Piper knows about her and Alfie. They've been caught. And as much as she tried not to let it bother her, she failed horribly. Her whole being was flooded with guilt. The guilt sat not on her chest but inside her brain. She could not undo what she had done.

As she sat in the middle of the studio, Raelynn felt the need to move almost without end; if her limbs were moving the anxiety was gone, or at least she could ignore it a while. Pressing play on her phone that was connected to the speaker, a song by Billie Eilish played. As the music started, the brunette lost herself in the sound, much like in a dream. It was only inside her that she knew it was still there, coursing through her veins as if it hitched a ride on her blood cells.

( t h i r d d a n c e )

Ending the dance, Raelynn stared at herself in the mirror. Her face was void of emotions, but her eyes said it all.

"Raelynn?"

Hearing the voice of the person that caused her pain, the said girl turned towards Alfie, who watched with a look of worry on his face. "Is everything alright?"

Raelynn's eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. Alfie took a step forward. As the brunette blinked, her tears dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks. She bit her lip tightly in an attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from her mouth.

Alfie's heart sank.

The brunette's lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of her mouth. "She knows..." she began. Alfie furrowed his brows, confused. "Piper knows." she sobbed, covering her mouth as her heart clenched painfully. A look of realisation passed Alfie's face. He quickly collected her into his arms, holding her head with one hand while the other pressed her to him.

"It's going to be alright," he reassured. "We'll figure something out."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The next day, after having a long and deep conversation with Alfie about what they were going to do, they concluded that Raelynn would tell Riley after the qualifiers and she'd tell James after his dance competition. They just hoped Piper wouldn't say anything to them.

Currently, Raelynn was walking to the juice bar with Michelle. The blonde grabbed her when she was practising her part of the duet she choreographed with Alfie. As they entered, they saw the zero per cent club girls sitting around a table. Raelynn gulped when she caught sight of Piper. Instead of just walking by, Michelle moved to their table, and Raelynn had no choice but to follow.