| chapter thirty two |

she danced to express, not impress

RAELYNN DECIDED TO SKIP today's rehearsal

RAELYNN DECIDED TO SKIP today's rehearsal. After last night, she wasn't in the mood to go to the studio. She spent the whole day in her bed, refusing even to get up to grab anything to eat. Her roommate became slightly concerned at the brunette.

"Raelynn? Are you alright?" Her roommate, Kelsie, asked as she stepped into her room. Seeing the sight of the brunette wrapped in the warmth of the blanket, she sighed. Kelsie knew precisely what was going on with her. "Is it your girlfriend and boyfriend?" Seeing a shift under the sheets, Kelsie took that as a yes. Even though she was barely at their shared apartment, Kelsie knew all about Raelynn and her poly-relationship. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," Raelynn muttered, cringing at the dryness of her throat. Kelsie couldn't help but look at her roommate in sympathy. She exited the room, quickly texting her friends that she wouldn't make it for their party tonight. Opening the freezer, Kelsie brought out two tubs of their stocked up ice cream. One cotton candy for herself and one cookie dough for Raelynn, which was her favourite. She grabbed two spoons and a water bottle and made her way to Raelynns room, where she forced her to move up so she could also fit into the bed.

"Here you go, hun," she said as she handed her the ice cream and the spoon. Raelynn mumbled thanks before sitting up slightly and diving into the ice cream, after chugging down the water. "Tell me what happened," Kelsie demanded. She needed to know what the problem was in order to help the brunette find a solution.

And so Raelynn did. She told her everything from beginning to end. Nothing was left out. Raelynn completely laid everything in the open. She told Kelsie about the qualifier, about the sex she had with Alfie, about the date and kiss she shared with him and about Piper finding out.

"Wow." was all Kelsie can muster up. "That's a lot of shit." Raelynn nodded. The two sat in the latter's bed, eating away at their ice cream as they both thought of things to fix this problem. "The best thing to do is to talk to them, Raelynn."

"But I don't want to hurt them," she mumbled. Kelsie arched her brow.

"I thought you told her Michelle that you wanted them to suffer the same way you suffered." Raelynn huffed, hugging her ice cream tub closer to her.

"I just said it in the spur of the moment." Kelsie nodded slowly. She licked her lips, removing the excess ice cream that sat there.

"You have to think of the others around you. If you leave it till later, and Piper told them before you did, this will become a way worse. You need to tell them. At least tell Riley now." she advised, turning to look the brunette in her eyes. "I know it'll hurt you just as much as them, but you have to take responsibility for what you caused."

Raelynn sighed. "You're right. I'll do it tonight."

And so, later that night, with the help of her roommate, Raelynn prepared herself to spill her dark sins to her girlfriend.