Opposites - 1

"Fuck." Tord sighed to himself as he stabbed some scrambled eggs with his fork, groaning. "New school... in America... day one." He mumbled angrily and finally put the eggs to peace, eating them defiantly. Paul and Pat looked at each-other and contemplated their decision in adopting the fellow Norwegian.

"It'll be fine, you know we won't be here for too long anyway!" Pat tried to reassure him, hesitantly taking his dish and bringing it to the dishwasher. "You think that's comforting? I just want to stay put for five fucking minutes." He sighed, rolling his auburn eyes reluctantly. "I'm... I'm going to go." He swung his backpack over his shoulder.

"Don't be stupid!" Paul called out from behind a lengthy newspaper. "Can't help how I was raised!~" The teen sarcastically retorted and headed out the house. He pressed his foot against the back of his skateboard, letting the wheels snap to the ground in one feel sweep as he hopped on and picked up speed down the sidewalk.

"Google Maps you better not be a prick..." He swiped through his phone and looked about, not familiar with where he was at, but surely he'd arrive before... tomorrow. Maybe.

---

"God damn you Thomas! The least you can do is show up." Tom's father exclaimed as the boy in blue picked up his backpack and turned his back, getting outside quickly and walking toward his school without a word. "I didn't even get to say goodbye..." Tom mumbled to himself, looking down at the road. He didn't bother to check for cars at this point.

"Oi!" A voice yelled out shortly before grabbing Tom's hood. "What the fuck?!" A boy pulled him back to the sidewalk away from a passing car. "Jesus!" He gasped, pushing himself away from the foreign male. "What are you doing?" The boy asked with a tilt of his head, two lofty stalks of hair drooping to the side. "Getting to school... who are you?" Tom inquired shyly.

"Right right... I'm new here, clearly. Name's Tord." He offered his hand in an unusual greeting. "Ah..." Tom curiously took his hand and shook it gently. "My name sounds funny to you, doesn't it?" He grinned playfully. "I mean, yeah to be honest." Tom raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Well at least my name isn't like... Brad or Nick. Like Tom or something really common, hm?"

"H-how did you know my name?!" Tom furrowed his eyebrows defensively, eyeing the strange red-hoodied boy. "I didn't." He replied shortly, choking back a laugh after he realized what Tom had meant. "So your name is Brad?" The hair-horned male asked happily. "Tom." He corrected swiftly.

"Neat! I mean, that sucks, but it's cool that I guessed it!" He chuckled calmly. "I-I'm going to go... now." Tom turned his back and quickly began to walk away, wondering just how fast Tord might be able to skateboard over to him to catch up. He walked quickly, picking up speed when he suddenly felt a great weight being lifted from his shoulders.

"My bag!" He gasped and ran after Tord to the front of the school. The clever boy kicked up his skateboard and ran into the building, turning around halls before running into a random classroom. "Fuck you!" Tom shouted and threw his entire body at him, knocking them both to the floor.

In a mess of hands attempting to grip at appendages, Tom tried to keep him down on the ground, but Tord managed to utilize his weight and got on top of him instead, pressing him into the floor carefully. It went quiet. "Gch..." Tom opened his eyes up all the way and looked at the class.

"Haha... I hadn't noticed your eyes." Tord got closer to his face and stared as the class started to bicker and giggle casually. Tom struggled angrily but didn't say a word, face reddened. "Please, take your seats. Two in the back, I can see you're some delightful first-day delinquents. Are you proud?" The teacher huffed sarcastically. Tord quickly arose to his feet and brushed himself off as Tom did the same in a slightly clumsier matter.

The foreign boy followed the black-eyed boy to his seat, then went beside him to his own desk. "Is this even your classroom?" Tom mumbled. "I don't think so." Tord replied in a voice all-too chipper considering such circumstances. "Damn you." Tom whispered angrily, looking over at him only to receive a smug glare in return.

"Listen up, weirdo. We've got plenty of foreign students here, don't act all confident because you think you're special." Tom mumbled in a higher pitched voice, nervousness overtaking any attempt at confidence. "That seems a little bit rude, Brad." Tord held back a laugh. What a fantastic reference.

"You're a... an asshole." Tom pulled his hood back to reveal his soft brown fluffy hair, running a hand through it to fix it up. Tord looked back at him, trying to hide the awe he felt. Tom was so adorable, so soft, so sweet. He could just tell. "I can't wait to get to know you better."