Jail - 6

Tom was hugging onto Tord pathetically inside of the temporary jail room, three concrete walls and one set of bars for a wall surrounding them, not too much else. Tord sat on the hard cement bench and let Tom onto his lap for comfort, he could tell he was scared and really just wanted his stuffed bear.

"I-I want Tomee..." Tom said quietly, with a shaky and tired tone. "Is that your bear's name?" Tord attempted to confirm. He was rather calm knowing they wouldn't be accused, or at least Tom wouldn't. He's way too innocent. Though maybe hugging someone to death is a possibility.

Tom suddenly sat up and looked around, getting up and looking at the bars. "Hey now, don't try anything, they'll put you back in handcuffs." Tord sighed, it had only been an hour. Tom went quiet and then turned his body sideways. He moved a toward the cell bars and was squeezed between them, nervously pulling himself out of the cell itself.

"Wh- Thomas!" Tord got up and ran to the bars of the cell, looking down at Tom with worry but confusion. "Wow!" Tom giggled mischievously as he unlocked the cell from the outside, knowing they are going to be in quite a bit of trouble.

Tom opened a door as Tord was about to yell for him not to. "Let's go to the front desk, then." The taller one rolled his auburn eyes. They entered a room where Tom's father was talking to the people at the front desk.

The police weren't alarmed at their arrival since the original person who was meant to bring them up to the front lobby luckily happened to be late. They were only a bit confused that there was nobody walking with them. But the two of them were still where they needed to be, so it didn't matter.

"Thomas Rockwell. Tord... huh, we don't have your last name." The cop trailed off after announcing their names, letting them go to their parents. Tord opened his mouth to say something while picking up his backpack, but Paul shook his head. "We know you didn't..." Tord smiled a bit in response.

Tom hesitantly walked over to his dad, who sneered at him with anger. "How the fuck did you get yourself into this bullcrap?!" He said in a vicious tone, grabbing Tom's hand and backpack for him. Tom looked at Tord with an empty smile that said goodbye. His dad dragged him home.

...

"Why in the world would you do that?! I can smell alcohol on you, Jesus Christ! You're a bumbling idiot of a son, you know that? I don't want you dead!" Tom's father was in a fit of rage, and he wasn't even drunk this time. "I-I'm sorry..." Tom said quietly, he was scared again.

"You wear the same fucking clothes several days in a row, then claim I am the problem?! You fucking ran away from me for that Russian bitch." He screamed and threw Tom's backpack at him.

"I-I didn't mean to! I-I passed out a-and-" Tom teared up as he was cut off, "What the fuck is wrong with you, kid?!" The father grabbed Tom's neck and slammed his head against the wall harshly, punching his shoulder then his stomach in swift, brutal motions. Tom just started crying, which only made his father continue.

Eventually his dad had enough. He simply let Tom drop to the floor as he walked away and sat on the couch in the other room, taking a swig and mumbling to himself. The poor boy used all of his strength to get to his room and shut the door, locking it. He then took out Tomee from his bag and held him tight, trembling still. "G-God help me..." He let the tears flow down his cheeks then his chin, then felt them fall to his lap. He was sore and hurt... so hurt.

He crawled into his bed and let himself pass out. He was too tired to deal with life right now anyway. All he needed was to regain his strength and move on like nothing happened, just as he does always with everything that hurts.