It Hurts - 17

HAPPY EASTER

"TOMEE!" I screamed and got up, I ran directly into the fire and picked him up, hugging him and making sure to put him out, I ran out crying, my hoodie was burning. I felt bad since Tord had tried to stop me, the burning pain wasn't that bad, yet I was screaming though. Maybe the emotional pain and the physical pain was too much.

I realized the burning was getting to be unbearable and took the hoodie off, it was almost completely gone anyway. I gasped for air and tried to get far away from the smoke, my vision was going blurry which made this hard though. Tord was calling police and an ambulance but... I don't remember anything after that.

Except for when I woke up, which was just now. I was in a hospital bed, Tord by my side in a chair, his eye's lazily dazing off but as soon as I opened mine his shot wide open too. "TOM YOU'RE AWAKE!" I flinched at the loud reaction, seeing Tord's immediate regret.

"I-I'm in pain but I'm fine! Just some burns!" I assured him. This really wasn't that big of a deal right? I tried to get out of bed but Tord gently pushed me back down. It truly just felt like a mild sunburn. "Tom stay, your arm's are badly injured too and if you pull on the restraints you'll hurt yourself!" Tord sighed, we both brought our gaze to my arm's.

A lot must have happened while I was gone. The things the doctors and Tord thought, the ideas they went through, or are still going through and thinking of. My god, I can't even make myself admit to it even though the news is out now. Even though the only words being spoke were my own and in my own head, the room was silent as if they were listening.

Tord's excitement of my awakening faded quickly and became more sympathetic and worried. Not just worried for me physically but worried for my entire situation and happiness. Tord opened his mouth to talk but took a moment before doing so.

"Tom why did you... why did you do that... to yourself..." He looked down at me with sadness and worry, you could see it in his eye's and hear it in his tone. "I-I'm sorry." We both knew that meant nothing. "It's an addiction don't apologize, don't apologize for something you're not going to stop. Not yet at least." Tord held my hand as he spoke.

"I know the process of healing can hurt but once it's done you'll never hurt like this again..." I'm glad he cares, and he knows now so there's a lot of pressure gone, but there's almost an even bigger worry than him finding out; what is he going to do?

"I' going to safe-proof the house and give you everything you want!" He smiled slightly and looked at me proudly. "What if I want to c-" He interrupted. I was only half joking. "Within reason I might add." His smile faded once again as a result of my own words... what an awful feeling that is.

I looked at him as the doctor looked at me. I then searched for Tomee, who I realized was okay and by my side. What a relief. "Tomee!" I smiled and attempted to hug him, but my arm's were held back. "Tom we can let you go, but if you try to run away we'll put them back on..." Tord warned me. I couldn't make a promise but I at least nodded.

He unlatched them and so did the doctor, I quickly grabbed onto Tomee and hugged him for my dear life, quite literally. "Tomee never leave me..." I said into his fluffy ear gently. "Tommy never leave me..." Tord gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I was delighted but somebody wasn't, I heard a sound of disgust come from the side of me.

The doctor didn't look to approving, but what could he do? He's probably single as fuck! I continued to roast him out of pity in my head until Tord leaned in closer and kissed me deeply on the lip's. I snickered in knowing why he did this, simply to piss of the doctor.

I thought those medical people were supposed to be smart? Guess they haven't learned not to mess with Tord.