Another Day Another Death - 8

My friend literally sat next to me and helped me write this.

They had arrived at their lockers not too far from one another. Tom picked up his bag from math class and made sure his stuff was organized, his eyes focused on his empty locker for a moment as he just stood still. Tord shut his locker, nothing in his hands as he walked back to his new friend of sorts. "Are you in thought?" He leaned against the lockers, startling him.

"Y-yeah." Tom replied shortly, staring at the ground as he closes his locker and they head to their next class. Tord thought to himself as they walked, "I don't like the way you're acting." He analyzed the boy for a moment, squinting his eyes in concern and suspicion.

He began to say something as they entered the class, "Surely, Tom, you don't think I-" A teacher immediately announced, "Late again, you two? Do you have any interest in detention? It would suit you well." The woman asked, walking up to him as the bell rang. "N-no ma'am." Tom's eyes widened as he seemed to finally be pulled from his thoughts.

"Sorry, there was an incident with another student. We're all good now." Tord covered for him so the teacher suspiciously nodded and ignored it. "Well, English class is next..." Tom mumbled and walked out and into the hallway with Tord following close behind. "Ah yes, my favorite."

"Russians these days..." Tom huffed and walked into the next class, sitting down once again besides Tord. "Welcome class! My name is Mr. Carnester, I will be teaching you all literature! Make sure to also join the literature club after school!" He announced to the teens.

"Fuck no!" Tord shouted abruptly. "Hey!" Tom shouted after him, nudging his shoulder with his elbow. "Shh Tom don't be so loud!" Tord joked dryly. "I'm sorry, did you two have something to say? Aren't you the delinquents?" The teacher asked and Tord stood up.

Tom grunted and stuck out his leg, tripping him to the floor. "You're driving attention to yourself you communist!" He growled as the room went silent, everyone bringing their gaze to the two. "Oh... faen." Tord quickly brought himself to his feet and brushed himself off, a common practice between these boys. "Tord... last name unknown? Please go to the principals office. Immediately." Mr. Carnester demanded.

"I hate America! Stupid fucking oligarchy or some shit." Tord trudged slowly to the office, Tom following him of course. "Hey Thomas Rockwell! You don't have to go!" The teacher called out but Tom didn't listen, he wanted to be by Tord's side even when he was in trouble. "America isn't communist at least..." Tom said quietly under his breath, walking into detention with Tord.

"Wow! Incredible! The first week of school isn't even over yet and you've gotten yourselves in trouble!" The principal announced. She was the kind of principal who was either a friend or was just always suspicious of you for no reason. "Fuck off!" Tom growled defensively, the principal looked down at him in shock.

"Excuse me?" She growled and pointed to the desk. "You didn't even have detention when you first walked in here, but you do now!" Tom shrugged and sat down at an empty desk, next to Tord of course. "I was fine you didn't have to do that." Tord whispered loudly. "I don't care..." He said quietly and looked away.

"I mean, you obviously do!" He fiddled his thumbs, waiting for this all to be over. It was an entire day full of silence. Yet the very minute they were able to leave the schoolgrounds, they were stopped. Police were at the exits and entrances of the school, a medic trying to revive a boy as the police read something from some unknown note. 

The policeman started reading just as they arrived. "The smallest are the most vulnerable, they come first. Those we do not know are the ones we will hurt." A detective took the note and put it in a bag while wearing gloves. Tord wasn't too alarmed by the note but rather the blood across the cement.

Tom was scared because he knows he's small. Lmao. "Everyone is dismissed!." The principal announced and everyone ran out of the school as fast as they could. "Thank god!" Tord picked Tom up and ran back home as fast as he could, making sure Tom was okay. He looked a little confused, but he was fine and had all of his things.

"Okay, well, Tord, I've got to go to my home! My dad is waiting!" Tom whined as Tord set him down inside of his own house. "Waiting to beat you up, that is!" He complained and shook his head in denial. Tom was going to stay with him no matter what.

No matter what.