the night of truth reveal

Following Mr. Will from behind to the dot, Can was trying to know what's been going on in Tin's mind.

Can - dude, what is wrong with you? Tell me.

Tin - nothing is wrong. (Said without looking at him.)

Can - Tin, I'm not blind. Something is bothering you. You know, you can always talk to me.

Tin - (gave Can an irritated look) how do you know that something is bothering me? Are you a psychic?

Can - when we sent the girls to school, you looked so sad all of it sudden. Why is that huh? You said they reminded you of your niece but you don't seem to be happy about it.

Tin - (shook his head) there's nothing wrong with me. You should be concern about your situation.

Can - my situation?

Tin - about you and Larry. You don't seem to be bothered by what Larry did to you. He tried to kill you, you know.

Can was about to say something just when Mr. Will turned to them and pointed to where his boat is.

Mr. Will - we're here.

It was an old boat and if Mr. Will didn't start the engine, the two boys wouldn't have guessed that that old thing was still working. But somehow Mr. Will looked quite uneasy for a moment.

Can - is there anything wrong?

Mr. Will - (sighed) come and look.

The two boys stepped in closer to the edge of the dot. They found that there's a hole inside the boat and now water was rushing inside of it.

Mr. Will - I have to fix the boat first but it's going to take the whole day.

Tin - we can help.

Can nodded quickly.

Mr. Will - thank you but it's okay. There's not much to do anyway. I just need to fill the hole in fiberglass and let it sit for today to dry up. Then it'll be good to go for tomorrow. So go back and rest. We can go tomorrow.

Tin and Can had no choice but to do what Mr. Will said. As they were walking back to the village, Can kicked on a small rock.

Can - my dad and stepmom are probably worrying sick about me.

Tin could see that Can was frustrated. they have to wait for tomorrow to be able to call their families and Tin couldn't help it but felt sorry. It was because of him, Can almost die and now they are stuck here together, not be able to let their families know. Tin doesn't really care if he were to stay here long, he just didn't want Can to suffer being here with him.

That night, Mr. Will's wife prepared a room for Tin and Can. They just finished washing and brushing their teeth. After they wore the clothes that Mrs. Will brought to them, they walked to their room.

Can - Tin, why didn't you let me scrub your back for you? Are you shy or what?

Tin rolled his eyes.

Tin - I'm not, it just because...

Can - (narrowed his teasing eyes at Tin) just because of what...

Tin - (eyes locked at Can's.) Because... is just because!

Can - (jumped at the sudden loudness from Tin) Shhhhh! Why so loud? You're gonna wake all the villagers.

Tin pushed the door to their room open and rushed inside. Can followed in also.

Can - Tin, why so grumpy? Tomorrow we get to call our parents so they can come and get us. You should be happy.

That made Tin turned to look at Can. His serious look told Can that he was not happy. But why? Doesn't he want to go back home?

Can - Tin, I know you don't have a good relationship with your family but do you not want to go back to see your niece?

Tin - what about you? How are you going to face Larry again?

That question made Can stop to think. It didn't occur to him until Tin mentioned it.

Can - well... I'm not gonna ask him anything because there's no proof that he wants me dead. But if he was the one behind all of this, I want to go back and look at him in the eye to see what kind of face he'll make when he sees me still standing.

Tin - (sighed deeply) that's it? If he is the one behind all of this, you're not curious of why he did it?

Can - I think I know why he did it.

Tin stared at Can with wide eyes as his head whipped up.

Tin - you knew?

Can - (nodded) but I don't know if I should tell you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable.

Tin sighed again as he chuckled.

Tin - so you knew. Of course, it's so obvious.

Can - (stunned by Tin reaction) wait, you-you knew all along?

Tin nodded.

Can - you knew about Larry liking you?

Tin nodded again.

Can - (dumbfounded) ow... and I thought I was the only one who knew about his secret. Then... are you okay with it?

Tin - (smashed his eyebrows together.) Of course not.

Can - (gawked) hey, but be nice. You have to consider his feeling a little bit too. Don't just automatically reject him or else he would not just kill me, he'll double kill me.

Tin - (smirked) and why did he want to kill you?

Can - because he's jealous of me and you.

Tin - (shots his eyebrows up) why?

Can - (wondered his eyes to do some thinking) because we used to be friends.

Tin shook his head as he walked closer to Can.

Tin - no...

Tin leaned down so close to Can's face as Can confusedly stepped back but Tin grabbed him in place.

Tin - because I like you.

------------------author's note----------------------

I am sorry for not updating. Thanks for following!