empty

The police and detectives were questioning Can about Tin nonstop. Tin's parents and his brother were also there, disappointing that Tin was not there along with Can...

Can didn't have to look but he knew that Mr. Vich was staring at him intently. Can wanted to vomit. Being in the same room with the man who abused his own child really angers him. The fact Mr. Vich just sat there, looking like he's worrying about Tin in which he could be acting. Can couldn't help but picture the image of Tin getting beat up that afternoon. The image of all the scars and bruises on Tin's body made Can's blood boiled.

Officer - Can? Can?

Can snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the officer.

Officer - I asked you a question.

Can - oh... I'm sorry. What was the question?

Mr. Vich stood up from his chair angrily...

Mr. Vich - are you taking this seriously? You planned all this, didn't you?

Mr. Fah moved closer to Can, comforting a fatherly pat on his back.

Officer - Sit back down, Mr. Vich. (Gave Mr. Vich a warning glare.)

Tul pulled his dad back into a sit.

Officer - (put his attention back at Can) when is the last time you see Tin when you guys were kidnapped?

Can doesn't know how to answer. If he tells the whole true story, all the efforts that Tin did to get away from his family will all be a waste. His family will definitely go to Chiang Mai to find him and bring him back for sure. But at the same time Can want Tin to be here with him.

Mr. Vich - (groaned) is it so hard for you to answer a question?

Can was about to lose it. He wanted to punch this old man so bad that his fingers crumble into a ball, trying to prevent them from flying at the man.

Can - I'm trying to remember. (Raised an eyebrow at Mr. Vich.) but I guess... because you're rushing me, I can't seem to remember it.

Mr. Vich - you--!

Tul - Dad. (Interrupted his father.)

Officer - So you don't remember anything at all?

Can turned back to the officer. He didn't want to lie but this time, he has to.

Can - all I remember was... I was- I was thrown into the water. That's it.

The officer studied Can's face quietly for a few seconds as Mr. Fah broke the silence.

Mr. Fah - my son just got back. he's probably very tired right now. He needs to rest. (Stood up from sitting.) I'm sorry.

After the officer's approval, Mr. Fah held onto Can's hand and walked out of the room. Ae, Pete, and Techno were waiting for them outside of the room. Can smiled at them. They really are his best friends.

In the car driving back home, Mr. Fah was still overwhelmed about everything. He couldn't believe that his son, Can, is here right now with him.

Can - where's Mom? Why didn't she come to pick me up too?

Mr. Fah - (smiled) you'll see you when you get home. She was the first one to know that you are alive. she was extremely shocked and happy.

Can - it must have shocked everybody huh? Were you shocked, dad?

Mr. Fah - of course, you have no idea. (Laughed) so the boys are coming for a sleepover?

Can - tsk. (Made a sense of laugh) so childish of them.

Mr. Fah - can't blame them. Their beloved friend just came back from the dead.

Can - (smiled) I know I can't believe I having this moment either. (Smile slowly fade) I miss them a lot. {"And Tin too."}

Mr. Fah noticed the sadness in Can's voice.

Mr. Fah - is there something you want to talk about?

Can hesitant but slowly nodded.

Mr. Fah - it's about Tin, isn't it?

Can bit his lips as he felt his heart began to race.

Can - am I... (breathed) am I being too obvious?

Mr. Fah held onto Can's hand with one hand and the others still on the steering wheel.

Mr. Fah - well, not really. It just that two young men were kidnapped and disappeared for almost a month and then suddenly, only one shown up. You don't expect others would be curious about the other man?

Can - (nodded) yeah. (Looked at the window on his side of his seat.) Empty... I just feel so empty. That's all there is to it...

Mr. Fah - you don't have to tell me now. I'll wait until you're ready.

Can - Thanks, dad.

****Techno - Tell us now. What happened?

Ae, Pete, and Techno were in Can's room at Mr. Fah's house, waiting impatiently at Can.