shut down

Tin froze on spot. He couldn't move. Can and he were on T.V.. Their pictures were on T.V.. They are reported missing. He gotta have to tell Can as soon as possible. As Tin turned to run, he heard…

Reporter - and now, let's hear a word from their families' member.

Can's father was on camera. His eyes was puffy, probably from crying.

Mr. Fah - no matter where you are my son...please… just come back to us… come back… we'll be waiting. Okay son?

Tin's eyes was watery as he tried to hold back his tears.

Then the camera shifted to … Tul, his brother. Tin's expression went cold suddenly. He glared at the screen as anger starting to build inside of him. His brother Tul... had a sad look on. His eyes were red and also puffy.

Tul - Tin… your family here goes on hoping and sending out our love to you everyday. Although we do not know if you still are alive...but we are not giving up hope. Just come back… please Tin...

Tin held onto the plastic bag of water bottles so tight, the handle of the bag almost turned into plastic strings. He was breathless with rage. His brother was on the T.V. news. Why him? Why not his father or mother…why does it have to be him? He was the one who started everything. He's the reason why Tin live in the dark. He was the root who causes this hatred. He doesn't have the right to be on air and pretending to be the pity one. He doesn't.

The T.V. went black, like it was crash or something. Tin back away in careless. He was actually satisfied that the T.V. die right on his brother's face. As Tin walked away from the booth, he could hear the owner banging on the T.V.

Owner - what happened? It was working all morning.

***Can - Tin, are you okay? You look so pale. Are you sick?

Can asked Tin as the three of them began walking again.

Tin - I'm fine.

His voice was low and husky. He wanted to tell Can about the news... but he couldn't. He was too angry to even talk.

Can wanted to say something back but Tin seems like he doesn't want to talk, so he just kept quiet. He knows that Tin wasn't that exciting about calling his family.

When they reached the station, one of the staff shook his head.

Staff - I'm sorry… you guys were a bit late. The electricity was shut down due to being check because of the storm yesterday.

Can - (frustrated) when will it be up again?

Staff - we're going to make an announce to the villager later that it will be down until next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can - next week?! (Eyes widen)

The staff nodded weakly.

As Can and Mr. Will was still talking to the staff, Tin saw the flyer which shows the cost of the ticket to Krung Thep. Then next to the flyer, there's another flyer. Tin's eyes went ambitious. He kept staring at it until he heard Can's angry voice.

Can - don't you guys have any cell phone that I can use at all?

The staff wrinkled his eyebrows, not sure what Can was talking about.

Staff - um… s-shell phone?

Can - (gawked) you don't even know what a cell phone is? What kind of generation is this place anyway?

Mr. Will - hey boy… calm down.

Tin - (agreed with Mr. Will) yeah… be respectful. These people lives like the old days. You should be grateful that they actually have a station. Or else we won't be able to get out of here.

Can - (pushed Tin on the shoulder with a glare) we won't be able to go anywhere anyway. You must be very happy, now that we get to stuck here for a week!

Tin - (also getting angry but still in control) Can, this is a station. Lower your voice.

Can - (grabbed onto Tin's collar and jerked him) I'm not like you! I want to go home!

Tin - and I promise you that we will! Look! (Pointed to the flyer) a ticket to Krung Thep only costs $95 per person. We can get that money.

Can - (looked at the flyer and back to Tin) how? How can we?!

Tin - we work for the money!

Can - (paused…) what?