suspect

Can - Tin, where are you?

When the ambulance arrived at Tin's workplace, Can also arrived. He got out of the car and went straight to his guards who were questioned by the authority. Citizens were all over the place wondering what happened as they were strictly shielded by securities.

Can - is anybody injured?

One of the guards who was closest to Can stepped forward to him.

Guard - one person couldn't make it, boss.

Can's heart felt fear instantly.

Can - what do you mean? I thought I told you guys to check it carefully.

Guard - (silenced for a moment) we're sorry.

Can - (look away angrily.) Did you guys find out who started the fire?

Guard - yes boss. It was a man. After the fire died down, he appeared suspiciously and was trying to escape the scene. We caught him and he confessed immediately that he was the one.

Can - where is he now?

Guard - there. (Pointed to where the police dragged the man to sit inside a police car. He was handcuffed.) He's going to custody.

Can narrowed his eyebrows when he saw the man's face.

Can - that's... that's the man from earlier.

A middle-aged detective and a police officer marched to Can and greeted him.

Officer - Mr. Can, this is detective Kim, he's in charge of what happened here. He would like to ask you some questions.

Can nodded at them but still sensed an uneasy feeling towards the man he saw.

Kim - hi Mr. Can. So you're the one who's in charge of these highly guards?

Can - yes, that's me.

The detective raised an eyebrow at him, for some reason, Can felt like his staring was kind intimating.

Kim - I gotta say, without them, this fire would have been a mess. (Stared straight into Can's soul) but I find it funny that you have your men patrolling the area on the night that the fire existed as if you knew exactly that there will be a fire. Do you have anything to back you up on that?

Can scoffed. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Can - I came here from Krung Thep two weeks ago, sir. This company here is very important to me because it belongs to someone I love very much. I have my men stay in guard here every day, not just today. I have prove for that too if you would like to see it.

The detective showed a bit of fluster but not for long, he went straight back to being overconfident.

Kim - Sorry to make you angry. You have got to understand that I am doing this because of my job. If you get heated because of some questions, it might be a problem, Mr. Can.

Can - I think you should really look deeper into this issue instead of directly accuse an innocent. And the man who is in custody, I'm pretty sure he is not the culprit. He was talking to me at Residential Care while the fire started here.

The detective narrowed his eyes at Can and Can comprehended that he did not believe him.

Kim - (nodded) I apologize again, Mr. Can. If that's the case, would you come to the police station with me?

Can - gladly.

Can moved forward, following Detective Kim from behind as his guard whispered to him from the back.