"where the heart is" (end)

*Flashback*

*** Tin - hello Mr. Fah, my name is Tin.

After Tin arrived in Bangkok, he went straight to Can's parents house. He knew he shouldn't show up out of the blue like that but he couldn't stop himself. He wants to introduce him in person.

Mr. Fah was utterly shocked to see this young man was the boy who got kidnapped with Can four years ago. 

Mr. Fah - So you're Tin?

Tin nodded. 

 They sat down up at in a balcony. A maid appeared and placed two water cups on the table.

Mr. Fah - Wow... It must be a miracle. I'm just glad that you are alive and healthy. All these years my son has been looking for you. Did he ever get a chance to see you?

Tin - I wouldn't be here if I haven't seen him. 

Mr. Fah smiled but Tin could see his eyes were not delighted. 

Mr. Fah - That's good then... He must be very happy. After he took over the company, I hardly see him around. It's good to know that he's doing fine. 

Tin looked confused. Ever since he know Can, Can was always all out for his father. What happened?

Tin - You have no idea where he is right now?

Mr. Fah shook his head.

Tin - (straighten himself from laying back on the chair.) I'm sorry you must have been worried sick about him.

Tin - Is he…

Tin - He stays in Chiang Mai at the moment. He'll come back home next week.

Mr. Fah - (eyes stuck to Tin) oh… I see...

Tin could feel a slight attitude coming from Mr. Fah when he said that.

Mr. Fah - Is Chiang Mai where you live?

Tin nodded again.

Mr. Fah stared deep into Tin's soul for the longest time and somehow Tin felt like he was being judged and looked down upon.

Mr. Fah - I never would have thought the situation happened because of jealousy. 

Great. Tin should've figured the situation would come to this. It's normal for Mr. Fah to think Tin was the fault of why the kidnap happened but Tin didn't think he would slap it right on the table. 

Mr. Fah - I heard you are one of the few people who bullied my son. If not then you would still be friends with Larry and my son wouldn't have been kidnapped. What so special about you?

Tin - special enough for the jealousy to start I guess. (Doesn't give a damn of how awful he sounded) but I wouldn't call myself 'special.' (Leaned forward) Mr. Fah, the moment I met Can, his gentle heart saved me from who I am. He has made me the caring person I have become. He really came through for me when my family was falling. Can he's… (smiled) he is my world. 

Mr. Fah's eyes soften as he holds eye contact.

Tin - I'm not special. He is. I want to make sure that you know that. 

Mr. Fah - Of course I know that. (Looked away) I'm sorry for what Larry did. 

Tin - Please do not say sorry in his place. That's the last thing I needed from you.

Mr. Fah - He tried to kill my son… he had no idea how cruel the world can be. When he told me that you two are dead, I didn't know what to think. I hated myself even more because I couldn't find myself to hate him. I should hate him for what he's done. I should be the most furious at him!.. but I couldn't... (Spoke with torrid) When seeing him being sorry than he already is, I couldn't bring myself to be that person. He didn't know he was playing with fire. When it actually hits him, he punished himself almost to death. He couldn't eat. He locked himself in his room. He cried every single day. And then it comes down to me... I'm the father, what should I do? should I just let him suffer and die? He's just a lost child so of course, I have to help him. Can wasn't there, he didn't see what I have to see… and yet he still will not forgive me. Do you get what I'm trying to say here?