promise?

Can and Tin had been doing choices at the market for 2 days now. They delivered errands and stocked inside booths. Sometimes they even help advertised the items for more attention so people would buy it. They cleaned restaurants after close and washed dishes. Sometimes if they are lucky, they earned 20 dollars or more in a day because of tip.

Can - (sat down on a chair after finished washing all the dish.) Hurggg…. So tire! (Looked at Tin who was taking out the trash.) Tin, let's end it for today. It's getting late.

Tin stopped at the doorway and glanced at Can. He can see that Can was worn out but not him. He still has the strength to keep working.

Tin - if you are tired then you can go back first. (Walked out the door to throw away the trash.)

Can shot up from sitting and ran out the door to Tin.

Can - what? You're gonna keep working? No way! Come on, let go. We only have one boat to travel back. (Held onto Tin's arm but Tin pulled it away.)

Tin - I said you can go.

Can - Tin, I don't want you to overwork yourself. It's not good for your health.

Tin -  I'm not overworking myself. I'm not even tired.

Can looked at Tin confusedly. Tin was the one who didn't want to go back home to Krung Thep and now why was he so obsessed with working? Was it because…

***Tin - you're not going to be lonely anymore. I'll make sure you get to see your family again. ***

The words Tin said to him on that raining day came rushing to his mind. Was it… because of him, that causes Tin to be like this? Was it because Tin thinks that Can feel disgusted of him, that's why Tin wanting to get the money fast so Can doesn't have to be with him anymore?

When Can was about to say something, Tin was already walking back inside. The owner of the restaurant walked to Tin.

Owner - good work today. You guys did a great job.

Tin - (smiled) thank you.

Can followed Tin inside and caught the moment Tin was smiling to the owner. It's was really weird because at that exact moment, everything went in slow motion. Can couldn't look away from Tin's smile. It was the most delightful thing Can ever saw him doing. Sometimes it had Can thinking to why he hasn't t smile like that to him before.

Tin - what are you looking at?

Can snapped out of his thought and found Tin was looking down at him just a couple of feet away from him.

Can - err… nothing.

Tin - let's go.

Tin walked out the door and Can quickly followed.

Can - I thought you said you are not tired.

Tin - I'm not but there's nothing else left to do. Didn't you hear what the owner said?

Can - (make a guilty smile) errr…. No…

Tin - oh? you were there so I thought you heard.

Can - ("well because I was distracted by your smile.)

Tin - tomorrow I actually have to go early to help out an uncle carrying some cucumbers to his truck, so don't freak out if you wake up and didn't see me.

Can - (widen his eyes at Tin) me? Freak out? Tsk! (Wondered his eyes somewhere else but Tin)

Tin - you always so overreacting.

Can - (glared at Tin) am not!

Tin - (laughed in a mocking way but surrendered when he saw the anger look on Can's eyes.) okay, you're not.

Can - (ignored Tin but slowly turned serious) is it because of me?

Tin - hmm?

Can - usually you don't care about going home but why all of a sudden you care so much now?

Tin - isn't this what you want from me though?

Can - (stared deeply at Tin) a wealthy guy like you who never works in your life is now a workaholic, it's really unbelievable you know. What is the reason behind all this?

Tin - so you don't have to bear staying with me.

Can felt a lump inside his throat from the moment Tin said that. He felt bad...so bad for Tin to think that way towards him.

Tin stopped walking as his mouth was hanging in the air. What he said wasn't intentional but it slipped out without him knowing.

Can also stopped walking.

Can - (look at Tin with heartbroken eyes.) Tin, I…I-

Tin - (cuts Can off) forget what I just said.

Tin was about to dash off but Can grabbed hold onto his arm.

Can - Tin! You can't just say something like that and run off! We need to talk!

Tin - it was a mistake. I didn't mean to say it like that.

Can - (shook his head) I don't believe you. You hold a grudge from the words I said to you back then, weren't you?

Tin didn't say anything. Instead, he avoided eye contact.

Can - (searched for his eyes.) Tin, I'm sorry! But I want you to know, I don't feel lonely with you at all. I only say that because I was pissed.

Tin - (pulled his arm away from Can's hold) I know... that's why I am telling you to forget what I said. It was not intentional.

Tin began walking again as Can followed.

Can - Tin, so… you better not think that I don't want to be with you, okay?

Tin nodded.

Can - promise?

Tin didn't say anything but just kept walking.

************author's note*************

Sorry for not updating guys, way too busy on the weekend.