forget about me

About the time when Can got back to the station, Tin handed him his ticket to Bangkok.

Can - (shocked) hurg... you got the tickets already? (Grabbed the ticket and looked at it.) Wow...ticket to Krung Thep... (search around Tin for his ticket.) where's yours?

Tin - in my bag.

Can - may I see it?

Tin - no. I hate taking it out.

Can - (frown) okay, fine.

They finally say their goodbyes to Mr. Will and his granddaughters. They still have an hour left before they can get inside the boat, but Mr. Will have to take his granddaughters to school so they couldn't stay until then.

Rose and Lily - goodbye brother Tin! Goodbye brother Can!

Tin smiled as Can waved happily at them. They finally parted ways, leaving the two boys alone.

Can turned to look at Tin with bright eyes, excited about the fact that they are going home. But his smile faded when he sees Tin feeling the opposite.

Can - Tin...

Tin - (didn't look at Can) hmm?

Can - I was thinking... when we returned home, maybe you could stay with me.

Tin was shocked at Can's words. Was he dreaming? Did he actually hear that from Can's mouth?

Can - That way you don't have to see your family all the time. You know I'm your bro, okay, you can count on me.

A sense of relief shown in Tin's eyes. His eyes met Can's and Can could see Tin's eyes sparkled with tears. Can felt a pain in his heart...a pain that he has never felt before. Seeing Tin like this makes Can wanting to be by his side forever. He wants to protect him and never get separated.

Without thinking, Can wrapped his arms around Tin and hugged him so tight. Tin didn't move. He was shocked by Can's action. But within a few seconds, Tin hugged him back.

Can felt Tin's arms around him and made him realize what he was doing. He let go of Tin fast and stepped away a couple of steps. He scratched his head while trying to avoid Tin's eyes.

A little hurt shown on Tin's face when he saw how uncomfortable it made Can feel.

Can - why are you staring at me like that?

Tin - because that's the only thing I can do anyway.

Can - (confused) what?

Tin - (sadly looked away and began walking) nothing.

Can - (feeling a little irritated.) Tin. (grabbed onto Tin arms to pulled him back) why are you always like this?

Tin - like what?

Can - you always said something that confuses me and walks away. Don't do that to me, man. You have to tell me.

Tin tried to pull his arm away but Can held it tight.

Can - Tin, we're about to return home. I want you to say whatever is on your mind right now. I will listen.

Tin - (sighed) first, can you please let go of me?

Can's eye shifted down to Tin's arm where he holds.

Can - I will but don't walk away from me again.

Tin nodded.

Can slowly let go of Tin.

They found a place to sit near the station. Tin closed his eyes to feel the wind that blew onto his face. It felt quite nice to be in a shade.

Can stared at Tin impatiently.

Can - Ai Tin.

Tin opened his eyes but not looking at Can.

Tin - what do you want me to talk about?

Can - I want you to tell me what is going on in your mind.

Tin - I want to get you home as soon as possible.

Can bit his lips as he started to get irritated.

Can - but what about you? Do you want to go home or not?

Tin - (sighed and looked at Can) the only thing is on my mind right now is to take you--

Can - (cuts Tin off) let's not talk about me! please, Ai Tin! Right now I want to talk about you. What do you want to do?

Tin - (rolled his eyes away) you are really annoying.

Can - Tin, I want you to know that I'm here for you. We're in this mess together, I will stick with you till the end. You're going to face your family again, I will face them with you. You're not going to be alone, I promise you that.

Tin stood up from sitting and about to walk off but Can held his arm in place.

Can - Tin, you said you will not walk away from me.

Tin - (yanked his arm from Can's hold) stop it, Can!

Tin's angry voice shock Can and made him stood up also.

Can - Tin... (Walked to face Tin as Tin turned his angry face to the side, not wanting to see him) what is it? Talk to me.

Tin - you don't get it, do you?

Can - what?

Tin - stop bugging me. We're not even that close for you to care so much about me. My family; I will take care of it.

A little hurt showed on Can's face. After all, they have been through, they could at least be close enough to the point that they could share each other's pain. Why does Tin have to pretend as nothing has happened between them?

Can - Ai Tin... but we are friends.

Tin - we can never be friends. (Looked into Can's eyes.) And you should know why.

Can couldn't utter out a word. He does know why ... but he still wants to be friends with Tin. He doesn't want to hurt him but he doesn't want to let go of him either.

Tin - you gonna go home and forget everything about me.

Can - no.

Tin - you will do that. It's best that way...for you and for me.

Can - No! I will help you. I want to save you.

Tin - (irritated by Can's stubbornness) the only way for you to save me... is to let me go.