you are mine

After a while, Tul came to check on Mia. Mia was still in her position, not moving. The call from Can has ended but she was still holding the phone. Tul sat next to Mia and was completely shocked when he saw Mia's red eyes.

Tul - Mia, what's wrong? (Hugged her.)

Mia slightly turned her head to lay on her dad's chest.

Mia - nothing...

Tul - what happened, don't you get to see your friends? Why are you crying?

Mia - I... was just... happy.

Tul hugged her tighter as Mia began to sobbed.

Tul - awww..... there...there. Once daddy has time, daddy will take you to Chiang Mai again, okay?

Mia nodded as tears fall nonstop.

The next day, Can waited in the lobby for Tin to get off work. It was passed 6 P.M. and still haven't see Tin coming down from his office. Then suddenly, Can spotted Tin's secretary walking down the stairs.

Can - (approached her) did Tin leave?

Mina - no, boss is still working.

Can - he usually doesn't work this late.

Mina - you are correct but he told me he wants to stay a little bit behind.

Can nodded as Mina smiled and walked away.

Did Tin know that Can was downstairs waiting for him or what? Why did he choose to stay late today?-- like he did on purpose just to have Can wait longer.

Can stared up to Tin's office.

***Tin was organizing his work when suddenly, there's a knock on the door. He hesitated to answer because he was pretty sure everyone went home, but before he could do anything, the door was opened.

Can walked in.

Tin went stunned. The memories of what Can said yesterday to Kira flushed back in Tin's head.

Can walked slowly to Tin's desk, footsteps echoed in the room. Everyone did leave so it's just them in the building, alone.

Can - what are you still doing here, Tin?

Tin - (wavered his eyes) I did not give you permission to walk into the room.

Can - hm? But you let Kira. (Shook his head, hating to mention his name) that guy... he's like another Larry.

Tin - (laughed at Can's sense of humor.) he's not. He's different.

Can - (scoffed) oh? You sure know a lot about him then, since you allowed him to do this and that. You two sure are pretty close.

Tin fixed a stare at Can. Can sounded like he's jealous.

Tin - yes, Kira and I are pretty similar.

Can - Kira and I? (Repeated with rage) Tin! (Walked angrily around the desk to Tin and jerked him by the arm.) He's using the kids to threaten you!

Tin - Can, you don't understand.

Can - I understand it well enough! He wants your properties! He wants everything you owe! And he wants YOU!

Tin - (stood up and tried to calm him down) Can, Kira doesn't have a choice. (Can rolled his eyes away) his father was the one who's behind all of this, he doesn't want to do it. But every time he refuses, his mom will die.

This time, Can locked his eyes at Tin.

Can - what?

Tin - It's the truth.

Can folded his arms across his chest.

Can - then what are you going to do now? It's a threat at a threat.

Tin - (pressed his two palms on the desk.) I'm working on it.

Can could tell Tin was being stressed about the situation.

Can - what are you planning to do? Let me help.

Tin - No, I don't want you to get involved.

Can - (turned Tin's body to him by grabbing his shoulders) if you won't let me help, then I'm going to take action in my own way.

Tin - (sighed) Ai Can... don't. Let me get things straight with Kira and see if he cooperates first. If he does, then I'll tell you everything.

Can - (tensing facial muscles) No!

Tin jumped by Can's loudness and gave Can a "why" look.

Can - I--I don't want you near that Kira guy.

Tin - why? He's not dangerous. His father is.

Can - but he wants you! A-and I can't...(stuttered) I can't let him have you.

Tin - (confused) what is it with yo--?

Can - (interrupted) Because. (Pulled Tin close to him.) You are mine.

Tin's heart felt like birds banging against his rib cage. That was so sudden, Tin doesn't know how to process it.

So... after all this time...

Did Can...?

Tin - do you like me now?