26. Part Two

Lexie was at work when Shane and Andrew uploaded the second part of the video series. She had gotten the chance to watch it with everyone before it went live. She wasn't in it with the footage they filmed from their date yet, but her pictures were used in the video as well as the FaceTime conversation she had with Andrew prior to their meeting. It wasn't long until the fans used all the information from the video to track her down.

It was about an hour after the video was uploaded that she began getting mentioned in tweets, tagged on Instagram, and her follower count on all social medias began rising. She had to take her phone off vibrate so she could concentrate on her work.

That didn't stop her from peeking at the video comments though. And it was... mostly negative and skeptical, which she expected. Shane had warned her that the fans would be ruthless at first, but that he had confidence they would warm up to her as they got to know her better in the third part.

'She is totally just using this as a way to expand her platform. Wouldn't be surprised if she starts a YouTube channel soon *eyeroll emoji*' someone had written on Reddit in the r/ShaneDawson subreddit.

'Honestly, you are pretty, but I feel like you're just going to use Andrew for fame' someone had commented on her most recent Instagram photo.

'@letstalkaboutlexbb do us all a favor and drop the act. we know what u want' a Shane fan had mentioned her directly on Twitter.

Of course along with all the hate, there were dedicated Shane fans who defended her. They were the ones who stated they barely knew her and that it was too early to judge. She appreciated them giving her the benefit of the doubt. She even let a smile grace her lips at some comments thinking that she and Andrew would look cute together.

Despite this, it was easier to focus on the negative comments over the positive ones.

"God, they are ruthless. This is ridiculous," Jen said from her desk as she looked through social media to see what fans were saying to Lexie. She went over to her friend's desk and gave her a big hug. Lexie refused to let herself cry over people's hateful words, but it was getting hard to hold back the tears. "Andrew better be treating to you to a nice ass dinner and then having your ass for dinner when you get home."

Lexie let out a loud snort and nodded in agreement. As she put her phone down to stop reading the comments, her screen lit up and stated she had a few texts from her boyfriend.

Andrew

Hi baby

You've probably seen everything already

Just know that this will pass and to hang in there

You're everything to me. I don't care what they say about

This changes nothing

I'm coming to get you after work 😊💗

She smiled widely at his message and sent a quick reply to him before she returned to work.

At the end of the day, it didn't matter what the fans thought. It hurt to think she was head over heels for this man but they were so quick to judge based on surface level things like follower counts. But as long as she and Andrew and all of their friends knew that they were in this for each other, she would try to be content.

Throughout the day she received encouraging messages from everyone in Shane's squad. They all told her to hang in there and that it gets better – that they had all gone through similar when they were first introduced to the public as one of Shane's friends.