27. Part Three

A week had passed and the whole squad waited until Lexie arrived at Shane's house after work to upload the video so they could all support her with the release. Lexie knew that no matter what the outcome would be, Shane and his friends would not look or think any differently of her. She was nervous still of what the public would think of her though.

It was one thing for the fans to hate her based on assumptions and how she looked - but if they still didn't like her based on her personality? That would sting a little bit.

"FML guys, I'm so nervous," Lexie groaned, sinking into the couch as Andrew set the video up to be published.

Andrew chuckled at her and rubbed her thigh with his free hand. He was a nervous wreck too, but he figured he'd try to appear like he had his shit together for the two of them. "You'll be fine, baby. We'll be fine."

Everyone else nodded in agreement as they munched on the Chipotle bowls Lexie picked up before she went to Shane's house. They thought it would be fun to eat Chipotle while Lexie and Andrew ate Chipotle in the video. You know... for shits and giggles.

"Ok," Andrew said. "It's up."

Lexie choked on her steak and blurted out, "What?"

Shane scrambled to ready his social medias with the link to the video and tweeted about it and posted it to his Instagram story. "Now, we wait."

Lexie was too nervous to eat, but Andrew tried his best to give her a few spoonfuls of his own food. They had the video playing in the background so they had an idea of when the first insightful comments would be coming in. The third part was about an hour long and it may have been the longest hour of Lexie's life.

After the video ended, they all sat in silence for a bit before they all went on their phones and laptops to check out the comments from the viewers. Lexie, too nervous to look on her own, looked with Andrew on his laptop. After scrolling through a few, Andrew smiled and highlighted a comment that said, 'she's so pretty! And goofy! She's kinda perfect for Andrew???'

Andrew said out loud, "My pretty and goofy girl." He kissed her cheek and Shane pretended to gag. At the motion, Lexie finally let go of the breath she'd been holding and loosened up.

"I mean, the comments aren't completely awful," Morgan commented as she scrolled on her phone. "The ones that like you are, like, in love with you, and the ones who don't are kinda just 'meh' about it."

Ryland nodded, "Yeah, I'm not seeing any death threats so that's a good thing! I think people are being pretty receptive!"

"Looks like people thought it was a good video too," Garrett hummed, setting his phone down to look at Lexie, who had a big, goofy smile on her face.

"There's always going to be hate," Shane stated. "But honestly, this isn't too bad!" Shane read a comment out loud, "'Lexie looks like she needs to gain some weight.' What a nice problem to have..."

"I'm actually kind of triggered," Morgan said.

Lexie took in everyone's words and read through a few of her mentions on her own and was overall happy with the response from the fans. There were a couple of stragglers who were very loud in their opinion that she was not good enough to be part of the squad, but it honestly did not bother her. She wasn't even trying to be in the squad! It felt like a huge weight lifted off her shoulders so she proposed, "How about we all get drunk tonight?"

Everyone cheered and Shane immediately got up to grab bottles of Vodka, Rum, and Tequila, as well as a bunch of Solo cups. They each poured their drinks of choice and cheered.