Chapter 10: Is this an interrogation?

-Heather's POV

What the hell was that? He's a womanizer?? Pull it together! I shake my head getting led by Luca into the dinning room. I see Theo has already taken a seat right next to the head seat. He is a decent looking guy but seems like too much of a flirt. He looks up at me and lets his eyes travel the length of my body. I internally roll my eyes... Perv. Luca sits across from him and has me sit down next to him. A minute later Xavier comes strolling into the room and sits down at the head of the table. I can feel him looking at me but I continue to look at Luca. A few minutes later a woman brings in salads into the room. I take some and place some on my plate and then some on Luca's. Luca scrunches up his face in disgust. I giggle as he watches me. I spray lemon juice on the crisp lettuce and then place cheese on top of it. Luca looks confused. I take a bite of mine and look down at Luca who looks like he is contemplating. He finally puts a fork worth in his mouth and I give him a grinning nod. He continues to eat and I look up to see Theo's jaw practically on the table. Xavier is grinning at me with... Pride? 

"What's wrong?" I ask looking at Theo taking a sip of water. He shakes his head but still looks like he is in a gaze. 

"Luca, doesn't eat veg- Ouch!" Theo is cut off with a quick kick to his leg by Xavier. Oh! I nod understanding. 

"Luca, do you like it?" I ask him. He smiles and nods. 

"It will make you have super strength." I whisper to him and watch as he shovels more in his mouth. I giggle and see the guys smiling as well.

"So Heather, tell me about yourself." Theo says clapping his hands together. I play with the lettuce on my plate.

"What would you like to know?" I ask setting the fork down.

"Lets start with how old are you?" 

"I'm 22 years old."

"That's quite young for teaching..." I take a sip of my drink before responding. 

"I actually graduated college when I was 20." He smiles at me.

"Xavier mentioned you went to Oxford for both Teaching and Business." 

"Yes, I did." 

"Why business if you love teaching?"

"My father strongly believed I needed a degree in business to have a good ground to stand on." I look up at him as he nods his head. 

"Why California?" I stiffen slightly.

"Love the weather." I continue holding his gaze as my muscles refuse to relax. 

"You moved from a different country based on weather?" He asked inquisitively. 

"I was actually stationed in New York before moving here." I wipe the corner of my mouth with a napkin. 

"New York is a beautiful state so why-" 

"I apologize, is this an interrogation?" I ask holding his eyes while keeping my voice leveled. He smirks at me. 

"I am sorry. Just wanted to know you more." 

"Well let's learn more about you then?" I ask tilting my head slightly. 

"I'm an open book. What would you like to know?" Oh shouldn't have said that!

"Why were you checking me out when I walked into the dining room?" I asked nonchalantly while the woman brought out more food. Theo chokes slightly and I can see Xavier glaring at him. He pats his chest and looks over to Xavier with a sheepish smile.