Chapter 27: You are Safe

-Heather's POV

"Oh my love... where are you?" 

I hold my breath and cover my mouth with my shaky hand. I feel him step closer to the bed. He begins to lean down to look under the bed where I am currently hiding. I begin hearing shuffling on the other side of the door. 

"H, are you home?" 

I watch as Michael makes his way out of the room while my nerves sky rocket. He's going after Cami! I shoot out from under the bed and race down the stairs where I see him pointing a gun at Cami. Cami is glaring at him while his back is still at me. 

"Where is she Cami?" Michael asks venomously while cocking the gun. Cami looks unimpressed and crosses her arms over her chest. 

"Go fuck your-" 

BANG

I shoot up out of the nightmare gasping for air. I feel the sweat on my forehead and chest and my heart racing. Xavier jumps up as well looking around the room for any danger. His eyes finally focus on mine and he pulls me into his embrace. I take deep breaths and try to calm down my erratic breathing. My hands are shaking and I close my eyes allowing Xavier's scent to engulf me. 

"Sweetheart... you are okay. You are here with me." He rubs his arms down my back. He's right, I am here, he isn't here. 

"Xavier, I need to call Cami." I whisper still taking deep breaths. He reaches over to his night stand and grabs my cellphone handing it to me. I dial Cami's number and listen to it ring. 

"H, what time is it? Are you okay??" Her groggily voice comes through. I take a deep sigh and try to relax. 

"H- Answer me! What happened?" Her voice raises and I can tell she is awake and alert. I chuckle as I feel the tears begin falling from my eyes. Xavier wraps his arms securely around me comfortingly. 

"I'm okay Cami. Michael..." I take a deep breath. "Michael he shot you Cami... you died in front of me." 

"Listen to me H." She paused making sure I was paying attention. "I am fine. He will NOT hurt me. He will not hurt you. I will die before I allow that to happen. Do you understand me?" I chuckle humorlessly. 

"I can't let that happen... I will give-" 

"Finish that sentence and I swear I will head over and smack you until you understand." I smile and close my eyes trying to gather my emotions. 

"I love you H. Go back to sleep... you have class in a few hours." 

"I love you too Cami." I smile and hang up the phone. Xavier takes the phone back and pulls me into a tight hug. I smile against his chest. He runs his hands down my back soothingly. 

"Sweetheart, do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head and he leans us back with me still tightly against him. 

"You are safe." I close my eyes and allow the darkness to consume me once again. 

-Xavier's POV

I watch as my Angel finishes getting Luca ready for school. She is currently helping him pack his school bag as Tessa makes a cup of coffee for Heather and myself. I can't stop replaying the panicked look she gave me earlier this morning. The pure fear in her eyes made me want to kill. Cami truly was a great support system for Heather however I want to be that for her... I want her to know that I am going to protect her from this man. Michael will die before he ever sees her again. 

"Dad, it's time for us to go." I break out of my train of thoughts to see my son standing in front of me wanting to give me a hug. Heather gives Tessa a hug which Tessa embraces and smiles sincerely giving her a cup of coffee to take with her. I kneel down and give him a hug and a kiss on his head. 

"Be good Luca, I will see you this evening." I look behind him to see Heather walking up to him putting a hand on his shoulder. I stand back up and look into her deep blue eyes. She gives me a smile. "Will I be seeing you tonight?"

"I'm sorry boys but I need a few nights with Cami." She shakes her head while looking down to Luca. He frowns slightly but begins walking out towards the car. Heather looks upset but I just pull her by her waist into my embrace locking my arms possessively around her. 

"He will be okay sweetheart... don't worry." She nods her head but doesn't look convinced. I look down to her outfit seeing her in a tight black pencil skirt. She is wearing a white blouse that frames her chest. She looks sensational. "Have I told you how unbelievably sexy you look?"

She blushes causing me to smirk at her innocent reaction. She mumbles a thank you. 

"Are you sure you will be okay today?" I ask looking deep into her eyes to make sure she sees my concern. 

"Yes... Thank you." She whispers out sounding anything but confident. 

"I am a call away if you need me." I state with all seriousness. I truly didn't want to leave her however I didn't want to push me being around her constantly after knowing her previous relationship. 

She nods her head and stands up and pecks my lips and pulls back realizing what she just did. Her eyes go wide and begins to look flustered while I smirk again. I pull her by the back of her neck to kiss her again. I press my lips tenderly against her enjoying her sweet scent enveloping me. 

"Get going or I won't let you leave." I whisper against her lips feeling her nod her head and begin walking away from me. She turns around once more and smiles her million dollar smile that melts me everytime before closing the door to my home. I sigh and press my fingers to my lips still feeling her lips on mine. I chuckle to myself. 

"Never thought I would see the day." 

My head snaps up looking at Tessa standing at the entrance to the kitchen with a twinkle in her eyes and a knowing smile. I chuckle and walk up to her as she hands me a cup of coffee. 

"Don't let her go Xavier." 

"It's not even an option Tessa." I kiss the side of her head and walk into the kitchen to sit down at the table to finish up some documents.