Chapter 39: Being brave

- Heather's POV

"Momma, will you sing to me?"

I look down to Luca. We are currently on his bed his is curled into my side while I am leaning against the back board of his bed. My fingers running softly through his hair. I smile at him and nod. 

"Close your eyes lil man." I say gently. He closes his eyes and I begin humming a familiar tune. 

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high;
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

I continue to sing the song and watch as Luca curls up contently with a smile on his face making me smile. I finish the song leaning over to give him a gentle kiss to the forehead. I look up to see Xavier standing in the door way with a low cut pair of sweats and white tank top. He is smiling and his eyes shining. I smile and stand up getting out of Lucas bed before walking to the door. I turn off the lights and turn around bumping into Xavier's chest. 

"You sing beautifully sweetheart." I feel my cheeks heat up and I drop my head biting my lower lip. Xavier gently lifts my chin giving me a heated look. I feel the temperature rise a few degrees making my heartbeat pick up. I feel him take a step towards me but I clear my throat and take a step towards his room. 

"Thank you, do you mind if I take a shower?" I say with a shaky voice. He doesn't say anything but gently places his hand on the small of my back leading me to the room. I feel the familiar flames dance through the shirt from his touch. No words are exchanged as he leads me to his bedroom. Once we get in his room, I walk into the bathroom while Xavier walks towards his closet. I take the opportunity to look at myself in the mirror. I can see out of the corner of my eye Xavier walk towards me with a T shirt in hand. He reaches out handing me the shirt. 

"Thank you." I say barely above a whisper. I look up into his strong electric blue eyes feeling... loved. I can't seem to look away. I feel him place his hands on my hips pulling me gently towards him. I can't get over the feelings this man provokes in me. I feel safe, I feel protected and most importantly I feel loved. We haven't said the words yet but I can see it in his eyes as I am sure he can see it in mine. 

With my eyes locked with his, I decide to be brave. I grab the bottom of my shirt and slowly lift it up over my head. My eyes still locked on his. His hands find my sides as soon as the shirt is off of it. His eyes never veering from mine. I smile at him standing in front of him in my jeans and sports bra. I reach forward and grab the ends of his shirt as well. He watches me intently as I glide his shirt over his head leaving him standing there in his sweatpants. 

"Sweetheart, what-"

I gently place my finger on his mouth stopping him from questioning this. I just want this to be about us. I allow my finger to drop from his mouth as I step back. He looks like he is straining his muscles to not reach for me. That's a good sign. I slowly reach for my jeans button undoing them. I unzip my jeans and tantalizing slowly pull them down still keep my gazed trained on him. His eyes follow my movements and when I stand back up his eyes slowly travel the length of my body. I stand there in only my black sports bra and black panties. 

His eyes find mine again and I can see they have darken considerably. He looks down and takes a deep breath. Shit did I do something wrong? I begin to question what I have done but Xavier quickly looks back up taking strong determined steps towards me. I stay rooted to my spot. 

"Do you have any idea how tempting you are?" His voice hoarse. I gently reach down and grab his hand leading him towards the shower. His eyes are making my skin feel like they are on fire. I can see the primitive need in his eyes. I feel my lower regions warming up and my core tightening. I step into the shower still in my bra and panties tugging Xavier to step in as well in his sweatpants. He looks at me with lust and passion making me feel brave enough to continue. 

I gently tug my sports bra over my head allowing my breast to spring free throwing the disregard material out of the shower. I let out a shaky breath while Xavier's eye reassure me. I stand there reaching for my panties but can't seem to pull them down. Xavier takes a timid step towards me putting his hands on my side. His thumbs rub small circles on my sides. I close my eyes enjoying his touch. He takes the final step and I feel his chest up against my front. I keep my eyes closed as I feel his head dip to my neck. He places a soft long kiss on my neck before his lips trail from my neck to my shoulder. 

"God you are beautiful, sweetheart." 

I gently allow my hands to go to the hem of his pants. I can hear him inhale sharply. His chest rising and falling rapidly against mine. I keep my eyes closed as I slowly push them down off of his hips. He steps out of them and I feel them being kicked to the side. 

"Heather, look at me sweetheart." I open my eyes but keep them locked with his. He gently cups my face rubbing his thumb on my cheek. "If you don't want me to... tell me." 

I gently nod and feel his hands leaving my cheeks traveling down my arms before they go to my sides. I feel him take the rim of my panties in his fingertips before tracing them for a minute. I close my eyes for a minute while I feel the material begin gliding down my legs. They fall to the floor and I step out of them. I open my eyes and see Xavier kneeling down in front of me. 

I watch as his fingertips travel from my ankle up the side of my leg leisurely and feel his touch burn me. I feel my heart racing out of my chest. Xavier stands up as his fingers continue tracing up me steadily. I look into his magnificent eyes that now are dancing with flames. I let my hands find his chest and feel his heart rate matching my own. His hands gripping my sides tighten waiting to see what I do now. I allow my hands to go upwards coiling around his neck pulling his head to mine. He allows his head to come to mine before I connect our lips. His grip pulls me directly against him and I feel all the rigid muscles of his chest. I feel him groan in the kiss. He backs me up and I feel the cold tile wall against my back. 

I feel his lips move more fervently against mine and the kiss becomes more dominating. I couldn't help threading my hands in his hair pulling his neck more against me wanting to deepen the kiss. I feel Xavier's hands leave my side and gently grab the back of my thighs. I take the hint and jump as he wraps my legs around his bare waist. I feel him pressed against my core making me gasp. Xavier's tongue takes the opportunity to dive into my mouth. I moan into the kiss as he press his entire body completely into mine. 

"Fuck sweetheart, I don't know if I can stop." He grunts huskily against my lips. I take a moment in the fog of the moment to register what he said but I couldn't stop myself from the words that tumbled out of my mouth. 

"Then don't..."