Chapter 69: Xavier and Cami

- Heather's POV

The door flies open as my head snaps up to the sound. Xavier's and the nurses turn around as well. Standing at the door is Cami, Theo holding Luca. Luca gasp wiggling out of Cami's arm racing over to me. I smile as new tears glaze my eyes. I open my arms wide as Xavier lifts him up to the bed. He lunges into my chest making me take a sharp breath. Xavier notices and reaches for Luca but I shake my head and he sits down at the foot of my bed still looking at me. 

"Your awake?" Cami says barely above a whisper still standing at the door. I continue holding Luca when my eyes look at my disheveled best friend. I open one arm for her and she is quick to come to me hugging me ferociously tight. I chuckle sob while looking back at Xavier who is giving me a longing look. I gently smile at him which he returns. 

Cami releases me stepping back as Luca's death grip doesn't loosen. I feel him beginning to shake and feel tears form on my gown. I pull him back enough to look at his tear stricken face. I cup his cheeks and kiss his forehead tenderly. 

"Momma missed you too lil man." I say softly. He beginnings crying while continuing to hold my hands on his cheeks. "I am here and I am NOT leaving you, do you understand?"

He nods his head and I pull him back into my embrace holding him firmly while rubbing his back. Xavier leans forward pull both of us to him. We all sit there for a minute just embracing each other. 

"Oh my god, H!" 

All of us look over to see Theo and Cami standing beside the twins case looking in at them in awe. I smile and it is then Luca notices crawling over the bed a bit to see inside. Xavier holding him steady. 

"Luca, this is you baby brother and sister." Xavier says while watching Luca look in wonder at them. He leans over and whispers something to him that makes Xavier chuckle. I raise an eyebrow. "Luca, they will get bigger so you can play with one day." 

The room all giggles and I then see all my family together. My husband, my son, and now are twins. I relax back in the pillow watching as they all look into the case. They are all safe... I begin feeling my eyes getting droopy. I close my eyes with the knowledge that everything will be okay. 

-Xavier's POV

I look back to see Heather asleep with a lazy smile on her lips. I smile and continue holding Luca who is astonished by his siblings. I see how Theo is holding Cami's shoulders as she continues staring upon the twins. 

"I'm glad everyone is okay." I look up at Theo who is giving me genuine smile. I nod and look back at my beautiful wife. 

"I will call to let everyone know what is going on." Cami says wiping the tears from her eyes. "I didn't want to call the Drakes til I knew what was happening." 

"Thank you Cami."

"She's my sister Xavier... I would do anything for her." Luca makes grabby hands for Cami who walks over picking him up. I kiss his forehead before Cami steps away. 

"You really are her Guardian." I say seeing her smile from my compliment. 

"Every angel needs a guardian." She says softly looking back at Heather. "Luca hasn't been able to sleep but now that we know everything is going okay- will take him home and bring the cavalry back tomorrow with us." 

I nod my head as they pat my shoulder on the way out closing the door behind them. I see the twins are blissfully asleep. I then begin standing up but stop by a grip on my wrist. I look to Heather's sleepy eyes. 

"Lay with me." She says while closing her eyes again. I softly pull her grip away to stand up removing my jacket. I then get back behind her where she turns allowing me to spoon her. I kiss her neck and feel her muscles relax. "I love you Xavier..."