Chapter 64: Congratulations and Loyalty

-Heather's POV

"Alright miss lay back down for me please and lift your shirt." I take a breath lifting my shirt gently. Xavier is quick to make sure I don't pull it too far up. I see him glaring at the male student who is following our gynecologist. I chuckle and take his hand kissing the back of it. He turns his face to me. His eyes soften and he relaxes. 

"Eyes on the screen kid." Xavier says giving a pointed look to the scared kid who looks like he is about to faint. 

"Xavier." I lightly scold. The doctor gives us a giggle while shaking her head. "Dr. is it possible for your colleague to wait outside?"

She nods her head and the students practically sprints out of the room. I turn to Xavier who is staring at the door. I tug on his hand making his focus come back to me. He gives me a sheepish smile which I just smile and lean over giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. 

"Alright would you like to hear your baby's heart beat?" We both nod our heads while she pulls the monitor and screen over to the chair. I keep my eyes trained on the monitor seeing black and white while she moves the monitor around my stomach until she stops and we hear it. 

Bum Bum, bum bum, bum bum

I beginning feeling misty eye. I hear a strong heartbeat. I look over to see Xavier looking intently at my stomach with a wide grin on his face. I watch as he drops his head and I run my fingers through his soft dark locks. 

"Do you want to see your baby?" 

Xavier's head snaps up as the doctor turns the screen to us. We both look at the screen to see a small peanut on the screen. I reach out touching the screen without thinking. 

"That's interesting..." I scrunch my brows together as the doctor looks at screen closely before moving the wand on my stomach slightly while putting pressure on my different spot1. Xavier stands up holding my hand firmly waiting for the doctor to continue. Then I hear it. It sounds like a faint echo. "Ah there!" 

She points to the screen and I gasp looking at the screen. I look to Xavier who still looks confused at the screen not understanding what I am hearing and now seeing. 

"Congratulations, you are having twins!" The doctor says pointing to both sacs on the screen. I look back to Xavier who now looks like a fish out of water. "I will give you two a moment."

"Love, are you okay?" I ask timidly worried he would be upset.

"Are you kidding me?!?" He finally finds his voice but his face relaxes into a soft smile. I stay stone still waiting for him to process the information. 

-Xavier's POV

I look from the screen showing our babies. I can't seem to process that I am being given two bundles of joy. I finally look away to see Heather looking scared. I quickly grab her neck bringing her into a fierce kiss. She reciprocates quickly. I finally pull away just to lean my head against hers. I couldn't stop smiling which helped my sweetheart relax and smile as well.

"Are you okay with this?" She whispers still worried. She begins looking down making me sigh. I lift her chin making her lock her worried eyes with mine. 

"Sweetheart, I am more than okay with this. You are carrying not one... but two of the best gifts in the world." 

Her smile and teary eyes make me smile and lean down for a slow kiss.  She quickly grips the back of my neck not allowing for any breathing room. I groan when I feel her run her tongue across my lips wanting entry. I press her harder making her lay completely down while my tongue invades her mouth.