Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Choosing You

Fluttering her eyes open, exposing a light forming in her blurry vision, revealing white colours everywhere. The sound echoing in her ears with small chattering and countless beeping sounds. She was slowly regaining her consciousness as she could clearly see the image of the ceiling which she believed was a hospital.

With the idea of the usual sounds which would come from the place itself, her senses returned to her as her eyes widened opened.

Hatsume felt pain stinging on both of her wrists and her chest felt like it wanted to blow up due to the amount of intake of harmful drugs she had.

She should've been dead by now.

Those drugs should've taken 7 days until its effects comes in.

She waited for that day.

But why is she here?

Her attempt of suicidal due to a mental breakdown caused by a guy had failed. She wondered why.

Curiousness struck her as she stopped staring at the ceiling blankly. Her head lifted and looked around the area, showing nurses walking here and there, sick people on hospital beds in front of her acrossed the room and curtains covering her sides.

But something else had caught her attention as her eyes soon followed to a certain figure next to her bed.

A blue-haired male on a chair, resting his head on the edge of her bed, sleeping soundly.

"I-Iida-... kun?" Her now raspy voice called him weakly, but was still able to let Iida hear her.

His head got up from his arms and looked straight at her, with his eyes widened opened immediately. He then quickly grabbed his glasses next to him and wore it to see her better.

"Hatsume." He called her back, astonished.

She couldn't believe her eyes as her heart started beating fast, seeing the face of the guy she always wanted to see. She didn't know what was going on as well.

So she asked him. "What are you doing here?"

Iida then gave her a serious expression to a rather angry one as he raised his voice and clenched onto her blanket.

"Why would you do that?!"

Hatsume flinched with surprise with the sudden tone and stared at him, still confused.

Of course, she knew it has to do something about what happened last time with the incident of her attempted suicide. It was obvious that that was the last thing a guy like Iida would want to see despite him always following the laws and rules and taking care of humankind, something like those kinds.

She knew it has to do something about it and he was furious by the fact that she showed him an image of herself cut to death which would traumatized him in a way.

"I-I'm sorry." She apologized.

But she was wrong.

All of a sudden Iida gave her an abrupt hug as a response which truly shocked her to the fullest. Never in her life would she imagined being hugged like this from him.

"I thought you were gone."

She heard cries in his tone. Her heart felt like it melted down as her veins began to overflow with her blood. Her face was calm and she never felt so relaxed whenever she's next to him.

It was perfectly clear that he was worried for her.

He let go, facing at her.

"I-I thought Iida-kun hated me and wants me gone s-so I couldn't help it."