The matrimony project (JM)

You walk into the hallway looking around for your only friend at school.

       "Y/N," Clara yells as she walks up to you.

      You hear some people chuckle and whisper. You look around and find a group of boys passing some comments at you. A particular boy from that group catches you staring and quickly tells the guys something making them stop. He mouths sorry to you and you nod. You feel your cheeks heat up cause ever since you joined this school ,you've had a crush on him. Name is Jonah Marais, Jock of the school but a really nice one. Well it's only been a month since you got into this school and things are not very good except for the fact you got a friend who won't stop talking.

      "Hey!! Newbie are you listening to me," Clara snaps her finger at you.

      "Uhmm Yeah? What we're you saying? Right, Clara don't call me that," You say really not liking the Nickname

      "Well that's the only thing to get your attention. Anyways as I was saying I mean asking , Are you excited about the big project Miss Maggie spoke about? She said it's gonna be easy, fun and will boast your grades."

      "Dont they always say that," you tell her while walking to class.

       "Yeah. But cmon aren't you a little excited?" She asks walking with you.

       "Well as long as you are my partner."

       You both take the last bench as always.

      "Of course I will. I'm your best friend," She says and hugs you.

      Here's the thing about Clara, you might have know her only for a month but she's the only person who had your back. First week was hard at school, kids mocking at you, scribbling on your bench pushing you, well through all that Clara stood up for you. She was like your tug aka teddy bear.

       "Awe you are my teddy bear," you say squeezing her into a hug.

      "Okay okay enough of the squeshes. Miss Maggie is here."

      You pull away and wish the teacher with the whole class. Then she starts speaking about the project.

      "Okay Children so your first project for this year is gonna be a Matrimony project-"

     "So you want us to get married?" Some guy asks.

    "No. Silence. Just listsen... so as I was saying it's like a family project. You will select your partners and pretend to be family and you have to make budgets and plans for your future considering you all are newly married. Based on how wisely you save and plan you will be marked. Now the sheets in my hand have all the instructions and the amount of salary you earn - not real money So don't you dare - Yeah so this is your project now pair up class."

     "Oh my Gosh Clara what are we gonna do?" You ask your friend.

      "Clara will you be my partner?" A voice interuppts you both.

     You turn around to see Kevin, the not so famous kid but yet a handsome looking guy who Clara kinda as a crush on.

    "Wait did you just ask me to be your wife?" She asks in disbelief.

     "Yeah technically," He says scratching the back of his neck.

     "Yes yes. I would love that," She exclaims then she turns to you with a look of guilt.

     "No no don't worry. Go go go girl. Go do some planning," You say pushing her.

     She nods and goes with Kevin to sit with him. You sit there watching all the kids pick their pair. Your eyes fall on Jonah and he's talking to Mia, the famous most beautiful girl in your class. You sigh knowing you are gonna be paired with some dumb head. You look around with no interest when suddenly someone taps you. You find Mathew the dumb head ,yep just the kind of partner you thought of.